Indeed, the docker container does a curl of the latest tarball and just
plonks it in. However, that does not mean that something had been pushed
upstream by the Linux on z pioneers at some time in the past. Maybe just
something that did not cause it to throw up its hands when it saw s390x
returned by uname.