On Thursday, 07/20/2017 at 02:16 GMT, Mauro Souza <thoriu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> SLES11 worked fine with FTP, if I am not mistaken. SLES12 don't.
>
> We gave up on FTP and used HTTP on the repositories. FTP implementation
on
> yast is buggy right now, and it's way faster to just enter the directory
> and run "python -m SimpleHTTPServer" than to fill a bug request, send
lots
> of logs, run strace/ptrace here and there, and wait for a fix.

If no one opens a bug report, it won't get fixed, and you risk the
function being removed.  If someone has a problem (ftp, nfs, http), call
it into your support provider.  Sometimes the fixes are as simple as
including more information in the error messages so that you can correct
an administrative error (unknown if that's the problem in this case).

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323