:       Hi!
:
:       I just heard about the elks project;
:
:       Does anybody know about an X-Window R11 Server running
: on 16 bit systems ?
:       I want to transform my old 286 to an X-terminal.
:       Is it possible ?
:

If you want to run a terminal program, we have that running with
ELKS' graphical applications development system, known as
Microwindows.  It's fairly easy to write new graphics applications,
but of course we've got the 128k code/data limitations...

If, OTOH, you're looking to run unmodifed X applications on
286's in real mode, I would say that, unless you've got a
lot of time on your hands, it's not available.

Greg