On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 02:21:48PM -0700, Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> Sorry if I'm asking a question that's been dealt with before. I'm
> unaware of any archive for this list.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of whether it would be possible, and if so how
> I would go about it, to boot from an SRAM card?   I have an old Sharp
> PC-3100 palmtop running DOS 3. in ROM that I'd like to try to use with
> Linux 8086. The PC can supposedly boot off an SRAM card.
>
> Failing that, what about booting off DOS 3.3 and then using loadlin to
> boot Linux?  I guess I still need to be able to format the SRAM card, or
> a 10 MB flash RAM card I have, with the ext2 filesystem.
>
> I also have a floppy drive, but it is connected via the parallel port
> and uses a DOS driver to be seen.

I am currently working with SRAM cards with a poqet PC machine from Fujitsu
which Phil Kos sent me. I have so far managed to get Win95 to read these
cards, but there does not appear to be Linux support for them. I should
be able to write ELKS drivers for them without too much difficulty.

I will let you know if I make any progress.

Al