>last i checked freelsd required 5Mb to install/4Mb to run.
>on the linux front the least demanding has allways been slackware since
>you can setup swap before the instalation, and (at least for slackware
>3.6) you didn't have to load the install image into a ramdisk

OK i have to get in somewhere, but there is a sort of dist called
small-linux (kernel-2.0.somethingorother). It works on my 386sx16Mhz 3 Meg
ram. YES THREE MEG OF RAM. It is desigen for under 4 meg systems. It was on
the pcplus cover cd a while back? Whether or on you would call it a proper
dist is an other story, but would you call a 386sx16Mhz a proper pc?

tom