I am having a problem with my linux box and I am lost as to how to fix
it...when I try to run "ifconfig" (or when it runs at startup), i get the
following message:
ifconfig: can't resolve symbol '_h_errno'
Segmentation fault

And I can't figure out why. :(
Sequence of events that might have led up to this:
1. Shut down machine.
2. Installed PS/2 port and 2 serial ports (they're onboard, I just hadn't
connected them yet).
3. Rebooted into Winblows.
4. Tried to mess around with re-installing a DVD drive.  Gave up.
5. Rebooted into Linux (Slakware 2.0.35).
6. Got the message that ifconfig had a problem and the network
interface (eth0) wasn't working.
7. Cursed and Rebooted.  Same problem.
8. Removed serial ports and PS/2 port cables.
9. Rebooted.  Same thing.
10. Disabled serial ports in the BIOS.  Rebooted.  Same thing.
11. Tried disabling everything in rc.inet1 and do it manually after the
machine is booted.  Same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Why would this happen all of
a sudden just because I installed a couple cables and rebooted into
Windows?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Myke Olson

*** myke eric scott olson ***
 E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Webpage: http://green.eaw.net/~myke/