From: Nathaniel Jay Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.infosystems.gis,comp.infosystems.www.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,gnu.misc.discuss
Subject: Re: Is there such a thing as a free lunch?
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:47:05 -0500

Christopher Browne wrote:

> Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Nathaniel Jay Lee would say:
> >Christopher Browne wrote:
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/>
> >> Rules of the Evil Overlord #142. "If I have children and subsequently
> >> grandchildren, I will keep my three-year-old granddaughter near me at
> >> all times. When the hero enters to kill me, I will ask him to first
> >> explain to her why it is necessary to kill her beloved grandpa. When
> >> the hero launches into an explanation of morality way over her head,
> >> that will be her cue to pull the lever and send him into the pit of
> >> crocodiles. After all, small children like crocodiles almost as much
> >> as Evil Overlords and it's important to spend quality time with the
> >> grandkids. <http://www.eviloverlord.com/>
> >
> >Dude, I have got to ask:
> >
> >Where do I get a full list of the "Rules of the Evil Overlord"?  I love
> >every one of them that I've seen so far.
>
> Did you, perchance, consider visiting the URL that I put at the bottom?
> It _IS_ a real URL...
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>
> Rules of the Evil Overlord #66. "My security keypad will actually be a
> fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of
> buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to
> enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system."
> <http://www.eviloverlord.com/>

WOOpsie!  Brain fart.

Guess that'll teach me to post that late in the day.  Sorry 'bout that.

Nathaniel Jay Lee

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Apache wins, once again (sorry dresden)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:49:28 -0400

abraxas wrote:

> http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200007/weighted.html
>
> Dresden?  Any lies youd like to spew?  Ridiculous claims youd like
> to make?
>
> Oh come on.

Cue Drestin "Daffy" Duck!

> -----yttrx

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The Dream World of Linux Zealots
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:50:38 -0400

Andres Soolo wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > My Russian tutor was born in Tashkent, Azerbaizhan, attended
> > St. Petersburg State University, and stayed there until 1990.
> [...]
> > "Who are these people? Who do they think they are?  Nobody ever
> > heard of them."
> It may as well be so.  Most people in Russia don't even know anything
> about the little nations like Yukagiris, Itelmenis, Maris, Kalmyks,
> Bashkirians, Nenetzen--and yet all they do exist.  (I'm sorry if I've
> mistaken with the spelling.)  Sadly, almost all people like this in
> Russian Federation are about to die out because of the 1890s, 1930s
> and 1970s assimilation policies, joblessness and cheap vodka.  Some
> of them have (or had) developed amazing civilizations.  Some of them
> were millions before the Soviet Union's expansion.

Doesn't surprise me.

> --
> Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Bacons not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux, easy to use?
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:52:29 -0400

Tim Palmer wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >Tim Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >is
> >>
> >> Their both the same thing- you tipe commands in them and stop using GUI.

> >> Tha'ts why Windo's has a GUI. DOS box's sucks.
> >
> >Are you suggesting that the Windows graphical user interface has totaly
> >replace the command line in all functionality to the point that it nolonger
> >includes Dos Boxes?  Are you also suggesting that Windows no longer ships
> >with any non-GUI programs?
> >

> Windo's has a few legasy DOS programms, but noboddy ever uses them.

Because they can't..

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Lycos Selected Microsoft and Intel
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:53:22 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:8m9g2k$1ani$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > "abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:8m7d0n$1rvd$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > know

> > > what

> despite
> > >

> > > oh really? and pray tell what is your crack induced version of reality
> > > suggest their reason was?
> >
> > "I refuse to do your homework for you."
> >
> > > (this outta be good)
> >
> > How was that?
>
> about as good as expected from a plagurizing idiot like yourself. Lycos
> themselves provided the reasons for their switch: performance, relability
> and scalability. Their unix boxes couldn't/can't do what W2K can so they
> upgraded. Read about it from the horses mouth.

Spot the crackhead

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:53:41 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "mlw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > Do you work there now? I'm certain the answer is no because you would
> know
> > > that that relationship was dissolved over dissatisfaction with the
> > > reliability and performance of that "solution."
> > >
> > > Lycos switch to Wintel to improve performance and reliability. Think
> what
> > > that says about what they were using before...
> >
> > That's like claiming the US Army is switching from the M-16 to
> > black powder muskets for performance and reliability.
>
> I quote the source, Lycos, themselves. Take it up with them. You are denying
> what is their own claim. How ignorant...

Spot the idiocy

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:55:49 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "matts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > Lycos switch to Wintel to improve performance and reliability. Think
> what
> > > that says about what they were using before...
> >
> > Jesus.  What's next.  Windows runs for 3 months without a boot?  And Intel
> > being a good processor?  My god.  You need to understand technology and
> get
> > your head outta your ass before you talk.
> >

> excuse me fucking idiot but lycos themselves cite those two things (and
> scalability) as their reasons for upgrading from unix to W2K - I'm only
> telling you what they have told the world is their reasons. Take it up with
> them if you disagree...

Of course, you realize that Lycos is not allowed to make any public
statement without first allowing it to be edited by Microsoft
marketing and legal departments...and Lycos is not allowed to
object to any rewording, even if the bowdlerization comes out
meaning the exact opposite of the original statement.

Standard fare for a Microsoft "partner"

[With partners like that, who needs enemies?]

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux can physically destroy your hard drive!
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:56:12 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > stupid

> > > posting.

> it's
> > > now
> simple
> > > code

> just
> > > on
> would
> have
> > > any

> even
> > > have
> like

> HD

> > > "The wise man is mocked by fools!"
> >
> > And YOU are the fucking dense fool.
>
> <childish> no, YOU are. I'm rubber and you're glue, everything you say
> bounces off me and sticks to you. na na na na naaaaa na</childish> maybe NOW
> you'll understand me.

Spot the crackhead.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Micro$oft retests TPC benchmark
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:59:30 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> most

> stuff?
> size of

> > > head
> Dell
> > > boxes

> > > wrong wrong wrong wrong - again and again and again you are wrong and
> proven
> > > wrong and demonsrated pathetically stupid and did I mention wrong?
> > >

> > Really?
> > Show me an NT box with 80 GB/sec bandwidth
> > Show me an NT box with 700 GB/sec bandwidth.
>
> who gives a shit if I could or could not - what does that have to do with
> the topic at hand? Who cares if a single nt box could do this or not. You
> miss the point COMPLETELY, again.

You made the claim that NT machines can keep up Unix machines.

The best NT machines have, at best, 8 GB/sec bandwidth.

Hence, there are ZERO NT machines that can keep up with even
moderate Unix clusters.

> > > Sun is beaten by 3 times the performance on hardware that costs 1/2 the
> > > price! Over and over it's proven that sun hardware costs too much and
> > > delivers squat. The pierced masterbaters who worship sun hardware have
> > > failed to recognize their idol has been left behind...
> >
> > Crack addict....
>
> oh really? I've got the facts - you don't .

He's still puffin'

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:00:00 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Nik Simpson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >
> > "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:0AEh5.1878$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > "Donal K. Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:8m411b$i2a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > Yes, actually, it does. This is proven all the time. Benchmarks head to
> > head
> > > against the biggest iron Sun can muster is defeated by Compaq and Dell
> > boxes
> > > using Wintel.
> > >
> > Hold on a moment there Drestin, the best single box numbers for the x86
> > architecture are in the 50K range for TPC/C from the ProFusion 8-ways,
> > that's handily beaten by single box numbers for hi-end UNIX boxes. It will
> > be interesting to see what can be got from the Unisys 32-way which has the
> > memory and I/O bandwidth to compete with the hi-end UNIX boxes. But right
> > now, the single box x86 systems are not in the same league, and the
> > multi-box TPC/C numbers are not directly comparable.
>
> I was not aware at all that we were talking about single box versus single
> box. I didn't see that mentioned. I will be interested to see how 32 way
> boxes from Compaq, unisys and others perform again these *nix boxes...

Ah yes, the old "I don't know what the conversation is about" ploy.

dork!

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.