  Re: [OT] Global warming.  (was Public v. Private Schools) ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (J.C.)
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Id Software developer prefers OS X to Linux, NT
Date: 19 Sep 2000 21:14:36 +1100

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:46:49 +0200, =?Windows-1252?Q?Paul_'Z'_Ewande=A9?=
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"J.C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message news:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> Windows users who use linux and like the Windows interface == fvwm95
>install
>>
>> Windows users who use linux and _don't_ like the Windows interface == _no_
>> fvwm install
>>
>> Could it be any clearer?
>
>Nope, but like many broad statements, it's bound to be false.
>
>I sometimes used FreeBSD, and like the Windows interface and favored
>WindowMaker, how do I fit in your little demographics ?

*J.C. shouts at slrn; no, he doesn't want to process anything with metamail*

*cough* *splutter*

You don't -- you're a FBSD user. I mentioned Linux. :-P

Seriously, I didn't say that windows users who use linux (or BSD in your case)
and _do_ like the windows interface _can't_ run WM; the point of my statement
was that you probably wouldn't be inclined _against_ using fvwm95. It just happens
that there is something you like more than the windows interface/fvwm95; WM in
your case.

(Was this not obvious?)

J.C.
"The free flow of information along data highways being piped into our
homes and offices will permit unimaginable control by a small elite..."

                             -- 'The Thunder of Justice', pg. 264

------------------------------

From: "Ingemar Lundin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Never tell me again that Windows is easy to install!!!  It's a lie!
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:22:36 GMT

"Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i meddelandet
news:8q75ls$e0u$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Win2K took about 30 mins on a P-III 800, 256 MB, with 2 reboots.  I guess
if
> you can't count past 1, you might lose count...

pure BS Stuart ...Windows 2000 takes at least an hour to install...(1 hour
and 5 minutes to be exact, on my machine, p3 733, 256 MB, geforce gts,
sblive platinum)

/IL

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: [OT] Global warming.  (was Public v. Private Schools)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:03:08 -0400

Alan Baker wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jason Bowen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Bob Germer wrote:

> >> You claim the CO2 level is higher now that it was 600 years ago based on
> >> experiments on artic ice. You claim that CO2 levels are higher in North
> >> America when the facts prove they are in deficit!
> >
> >You don't understand what is being discussed.  North America as a
> >continent produces less CO2
> >than the plant life on it consumes.  The rest of the world produces way
> >more than is consumed.
> >It is called the addtive property of numbers and perhaps and elementary
> >algebra class will help
> >you understand.
> >
> >here you go Bobby 1st grader
> >place                output-co2    used-co2
> >North america     5                6
> >Elsewhere            100            50
> >total                    105            56
> >
> >See how math works North America outputs 5 but uses 6
> >The rest of the world outpus 100 but use 50.
> >
> >These aren't real numbers just done for illustration
> >

> >> You claim half of Canada is covered with an ice sheet. Another fiction.
> >>

> >Didn't say that, said in the past in one decade the ice sheet advanced
> >over it.
>
> You've said this a lot of times now, and my bullshit meter is going wild.
>
> Care to show a reference for this? Frankly, I suspect that you're
> talking through your hat and that the rest of your "science" is no
> better.
>
> According to the Encylopedia Brittanica that fast current glaciers
> advance at as much as 25 metres a day. That's 9.125 kilometres a year.

They also tend to suffer an average of 25 meters of MELT OFF each day...

Drop a rock on a glacier, and it will move several meters per day...but
the forward extent of the glacier tends to move VERY little, due to
massive meltoff.

> To advance over half of Canada (say conservatively, 1800 kilometres)
> glaciers would have to advance at roughly 200 times that fast or 5
> kilometres a day. I just find that a little hard to believe.

just a touch!

> <snip>
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that
> wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the
> bottom of that cupboard."

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:05:05 -0400

Jason Bowen wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Jason Bowen wrote:

>make claims
>higher than

>ago based on
>in North

>a continent produces less CO2
>produces way more than is consumed.
>elementary algebra class will help

>THEIR

> > > I'm sorry you can't back your claims with proof.  If my claims were
> > > discredited years ago you should have a lot to reference and yet can
> > > seem to provide them.
> >
> > I'm not the New York Public Library.  Look it up for yourself.
> > Speakin of homework....don't you have some you should be doing...
> >
> > ...little boy.
>
> You made the claim it's on you.

You're the one claiming that ice-sheets advanced across Canada
at a rate of 200 meters / day.

Even if there was ZERO melt-off, that's 10x faster than any known
glacier
could do.

Know...you ignorant little imbecile...SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: Sandman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Malloy digest, volume 2451800
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:14:10 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jeff
Glatt) wrote:

> >> Why?
>
> If there is anyone who isn't yet convinced that Tholen is the
> intellectual equivalent of a kindergarten student,

No, I am already convinced of that. :)

> then the above
> exchange should provide conclusive proof. Visit any kindergarten
> classroom and eavesdrop upon an adult having a conversation with a 5
> year old and you'll see the kid playing Tholen's part with equal
> "finesse"

Well, it would be harsch for the children to call them this obnnoxious, I admit
that they CAN get obnoxious, but even small children understand when to stop,
if someone tells them that they are obnoxious they'll get hurt of course, but
eventually they will come around and understand that hey, perhaps it's -their-
fault that people are calling them obnoxious. Tholen hasn't reached this level
of understanding or maturety yet, and perhaps he never will. He's an old man
and old dogs have harder to learn of course... Perhaps he will eventually die
ignorant, not a pleasant thought but not impossible either... Perhaps he will
-never- understand things like this and perhaps he will remain inside his
little cocoon and claiming it's all the other kids who are wrong...

Ah well, I have more or less grown bored of his predictable behaviour since he
offers nothing new or even an argument, I probably will stop playing with his
mind soon. But it was rather fun to have "interacted" with him (not using the
standard definition of the word) and to have learned something about his
intellectual inability but since there is no real challenge in trying to
argument with him /with his lack of said argument) I have grown tired. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:11:18 -0400

Jason Bowen wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Jason Bowen wrote:

> >> Of course the whole Earth as whole, which acts as a system has a higher
> >> CO2 level.  We use more
> >> than we produce but the Earth as a whole has a higher level.  Welcome
> >> to math 101 and the
> >> additive property.
> >
> >Spot the fallacy.
> >

> You can't do additive math?
>
> place           creation        consumption
> NA              5               6
> Rest of World   100             50
>                 105             56
>
> Do the math.  The numbers are not actual numbers just a guide for those
> that had trouble with algebra 1 in middle school.  You are like Bob, you
> just can't follow along.

Wrong, retard.

At Purdue, I got a 6.0 in Physics 261, Electricity and Optics.
399/400 possible points...

I've had 4 semesters of calculus, including Differential Equations.

I can write code in 15 different programming languages.

I Speak Russian.

I have other skills, but I am not at liberty to talk about them
to those who do not have the proper security clearance from the
Department of Defence AND the "need to know"

Once again...you illiterage, ignorant little pseudo-intellectual twit...

SIT DOWN and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.

From: Jason Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:19:11 -0600

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Jason Bowen wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >Spot the fallacy.
> > >

> > You can't do additive math?
> >
> > place           creation        consumption
> > NA              5               6
> > Rest of World   100             50
> >                 105             56
> >
> > Do the math.  The numbers are not actual numbers just a guide for those
> > that had trouble with algebra 1 in middle school.  You are like Bob, you
> > just can't follow along.
>
> Wrong, retard.
>
> At Purdue, I got a 6.0 in Physics 261, Electricity and Optics.
> 399/400 possible points...
>
> I've had 4 semesters of calculus, including Differential Equations.
>
> I can write code in 15 different programming languages.
>
> I Speak Russian.
>
> I have other skills, but I am not at liberty to talk about them
> to those who do not have the proper security clearance from the
> Department of Defence AND the "need to know"
>
> Once again...you illiterage, ignorant little pseudo-intellectual twit...
>
> SIT DOWN and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And yet you find time to make claims that you can't back up in usenet.
I just debunked your glacier comment with simple math.  I'm not
impressed.

------------------------------

From: Jason Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:15:04 -0600

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Alan Baker wrote:
> >
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jason Bowen
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >You don't understand what is being discussed.  North America as a
> > >continent produces less CO2
> > >than the plant life on it consumes.  The rest of the world produces way
> > >more than is consumed.
> > >It is called the addtive property of numbers and perhaps and elementary
> > >algebra class will help
> > >you understand.
> > >
> > >here you go Bobby 1st grader
> > >place                output-co2    used-co2
> > >North america     5                6
> > >Elsewhere            100            50
> > >total                    105            56
> > >
> > >See how math works North America outputs 5 but uses 6
> > >The rest of the world outpus 100 but use 50.
> > >
> > >These aren't real numbers just done for illustration

> > >Didn't say that, said in the past in one decade the ice sheet advanced
> > >over it.
> >
> > You've said this a lot of times now, and my bullshit meter is going wild.
> >
> > Care to show a reference for this? Frankly, I suspect that you're
> > talking through your hat and that the rest of your "science" is no
> > better.
> >
> > According to the Encylopedia Brittanica that fast current glaciers
> > advance at as much as 25 metres a day. That's 9.125 kilometres a year.
>
> They also tend to suffer an average of 25 meters of MELT OFF each day...
>
> Drop a rock on a glacier, and it will move several meters per day...but
> the forward extent of the glacier tends to move VERY little, due to
> massive meltoff.

*sigh* depends on if the Glacier is retreating or advancing.  Do tell me
how an advancing Glacier suffers 25 metres of melt off a day.  In fact
I'd like you to point to one Glacier that has that rate.  25 metres/day
* 365 days/year = over 9 km per year of loss.  So tell me where in the
world that glaciers form are they adding more than 9km per year to
advance?  Most glaciers are in arid regions.

> > To advance over half of Canada (say conservatively, 1800 kilometres)
> > glaciers would have to advance at roughly 200 times that fast or 5
> > kilometres a day. I just find that a little hard to believe.
>
> just a touch!

9km/year is unbelievable too.  Of course I have already said I mistated
advancement for formation and have provided proof for other incidents
that point to sudden change, that wasn't human induced.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:14:43 -0400

Bob Germer wrote:

> On 09/18/2000 at 08:20 AM,
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jason Bowen) said:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And you infer that these two items, one fact, one conjecture, are directly
> interrelated.
>
> Let's look at this using the scientific method.
>
> 1. CFC's are man made. This is demonstrable fact not in dispute.
>
> 2. CO2 levels are verifyably higher than they have been in 600,000 years.
> This is conjecture. No one has proven by the scientific method that this
> is true. It is an unproven and unprovable theory. Nothing more, just a
> theory. Since we do not have reliable data from 600,000 years ago, we
> don't know what the levels were then.
>
> 3. You have failed to provide any demonstrable, measurable, repeatable
> proof that the two are in any way related to the exclusion of all other
> possibilities.
>

> > >BzzzzzzT!  who the fuck cares?
> > >
> > >Plant-growth and polar ice core samples show that global warming
> > >PRECEDES rises in C02.
>
> > BZZZZZ.  Those polar ice cores you point to show that CO2 has never been
> > this high and show that CFC's weren't around till this century.
>
> Again. You post as fact a theory that has more holes than 600,000 tons of
> Swiss cheese.
>
> Are your parents paying for your education or are you stealing from other
> folks. Whoever is footing the bill is obviously being cheated.

Worst of all, he's the worst fucking OXYGEN THIEF at the U of C.

I think he should do his part to prevent his much-fiered scenario of
rising C02 levels and global warming....by putting a .45 pistol to
his head and pulling the fucking trigger.

One less source of C02.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

   ...despite (D) above.

   their behavior improves.