From: Andres Soolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Does Steve Ballmer post here?
Date: 5 Aug 2000 01:09:16 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Gates: That's, that's -- When GeoWorks sold its second copy, they grew! It's
> unbelievable! And then, when they sold four! It's incredible!
> ***** Was that responsive?
Funnily, Steve W. Hatever has pushed that, quite nonobvious, point, as well
as some others, in the past.  Maybe he's a personal advisor for Gates if not
Gates himself.

Maybe Microsoft has created a special super-secret FUD department after
they investigated the potential effect of FUD to the free software
movement as stated in the Halloween Documents where both S. W. Hatever
and T. Palmer work?

And a little more overly paranoid point:

Years ago, Church of Scientology didn't like the alt.religion.scientology
newsgroup out there, so their OSA (Organization of Special Affairs, I
guess) created a plan to use multiple faked identities to praise COS
in a.r.s .  They do it to this day.  I'll let it up to the reader to
draw conclusions :-)

--
Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

FLASH!  Intelligence of mankind decreasing.  Details at ... uh, when
the little hand is on the ....

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,soc.singles,alt.society.anarchy
Subject: Re: LOREN PETRICH...CLOSET-DICTATOR
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:12:44 -0400

"Michael S. Lorrey" wrote:

> Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > >       You can avoid paying taxes the same way you can avoid
> > >       paying the microsoft tax: opt out of the system.
> >
> > How do you "opt out" of the tax system ?
>
> Join the Tax Patriots. In the US, the Income Tax, in order to be
> constitutional, had to be made a voluntary tax system. Do the proper
> paperwork, and you don't gotta pay taxes.  The only people legally

Any idea where I can get my hands on these documents?

> required to pay income taxes are: government employees, government
> beneficiaries, and officers of corporations.
>

> > >       Either forego retail computing or forego computing entirely.
> >
> > I don't get this assertion. All you're saying is that you can't buy
> > a computer from most retail outlets if you use Windows. But no one
> > will bang down your door and throw you in jail for owning a computer
> > without Windows. OTOH, if you earn money in the US, and you don't
> > pay taxes , you will possibly have charges against you.
>
> I know an author, Thomas Monteleone (Blood of the Lamb, etc), who has
> not paid income taxes in 20 years.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: Courageous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Be OR Linux
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 01:23:43 GMT

Run Linux. Get that cool commercial whatsit thingy or other that
allows you to run a perfect copy of windows from within Linux.
Do everything you can in Linux. You find some compatability issue
or you want to play some game you can't, go to Windows. You can
also dual boot for the occasional game and what not.

C//

------------------------------

From: trem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Unix user 10yrs + is a fool
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 02:27:24 +0100

I am not a Yokel for heavens sake, I know Unix (ok here goes; Dynix 4.2.3
most recent, HP-UX, Solaris, Ultrix [ remember that ], oh, it goes on) but
none of them was on a PC cos Unix does not go on a PC.

But Linux, hype, hype all you here is MS bashing beater Linux, but the
f*cker will not install on MY PC's.  I've done the support channels at RH,
complete McDonalds X employee replied to my query.

btw I need Linux for Oracle 8i, so other PC clones of Unix won't cut it.

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Unix user 10yrs + says Linux is bollocks
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:34:03 -0700

Now THAT is graditude!  Daniel, provides a perfectly valid and courtious
answers to trem's request for assistance, as have mlw and sis.  This is
inspite of trem posting to the wrong newsgroup in the first place.  This is
just the kinds of problems that I would try to help someone over come.
However seeing trem's reaction to Daniel, in my opinion helping trem is not
worth the bother.

If we were being paid to provide assistance, then maybe just maybe; however,
any assistance that we provide is gratis so there is nothing to bind us to
have to provide assistance.  Trem, when some who is not required to help you
offers you help and good advice and are courtious towards you, you should be
grateful.  Even if the advice does not help your situation you should be
grateful for the attempt to assist you.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: AARON KULKIS...USENET SPAMMER, LIAR, AND THUG
Date: 5 Aug 2000 01:48:22 GMT

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000 20:52:20 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

>Wrong.  When did I ever make a case for the government living
>ONLY on a head tax?  I have ALWAYS stated that it must be
>accompanied by a sales tax.

So will the sales tax be very high, or will you have no tax revenue ?

>> Hardly a supportable assertion. Low unemployment levels are *NOT* causally
>> related to low taxes.
>
>low taxes breed low interest rates.  Low interest rates lead to
>low unemployment.

Low interest rates might contribute to low unemployment, but they don't
cause it. Besides, the economic system *requires* a certain level of
unemployment. Too little unemployment means businesses can't hire anyone.

>> >Have you ever considered the possibility of getting a job and EARNING
>> >MONEY
>>
>> ... even if it's not enough money to pay for a hospitakl visit
>
>ever hear of "insurance"

Sure I have. If I was in charge of a health insurance company in a
deregulated economy, I'd refuse to accept certain clients ( that,
or charge them a lot of money ).

>> or afford the "head tax" ?
>
>If you can't afford the head tax, then you are a parasite.

Whatever.

>> Your complete and utter contempt for women is astounding.
>
>Are you alleging that the millions of babies born to unmarried
>women who are on, or go on welfare are all due to some reason
>OTHER than the women wilfully putting themselves at risk for
>becomming pregnant?

Did it occur to you that a man may have been involved ?

>a) rape (In the US, only a handful of live births per year)

Oh, while we're at it, what's your policy on abortion ? If you want
to ban it, that'd be more than a handful.

>b) as a result of the woman's VOLOUNARY behavior
>c) Evil fairy making a midnight visit, wielding a Magic Baby Wand.

Combination of b and c. Hint: the fairy is a man. And he doesn't "tap
her on the forhead".

>Or do you have evidence in your posession supporting the
>existance of evil fairies tapping unsespecting women on the
>forehead with Magic Baby Wands?

No, I just object to you blaming women, when it's clear that a man is
equally responsible.

>> Education, health, law enforcement and defence are not just for the
>> "lazy, irresponsible and drug-addicted".
>
>1. you have no right to Education.
>2. You have no right to health care.
>3. You have no right to law enforcement...BUT...the law

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. At least you're being
consistent. But I think you'll have a hard time getting anyone to
agree with you on the above points.

I think most of our disagreements boil down to the fact that I disagree
with you on each of the above points.

>       enforcement agencies plus courts and jails are
>       constitutionally mandated.

But it's not constitutionally mandated that they be adequately financed,
because there are problems defining this.

>I see no reason for society to waste resources on the self-destructive.
>If they choose a life that leads to an early death, so be it.

The problem is that your policies would have their children punished.

>Absolutely not.  EVERYBODY is free to choose a path of self
>sufficiency.  Those who choose to lollygag around at my expense
>are worthy of contempt, not compassion.

Most children are not self sufficient.

>Those who are financially insolvent, and choose to fuck around
>and have kids, and then insist that *I* pay for their kids
>are worthy of contempt, not compassion.

In other words, you want their kids punished, or at least you want
them to suffer. If you want to punish someone, punish the parents.

>> Which was taxed when he (grandpa) earned it. And taxed again when it was
>> inherited.
>
>True.  It's still a lousy system, though.  The reason is that
>it builds a great-affinity with freeloaders of all wealth levels.

I don't get your point.

>> The inheritence is also taxed. Quite steeply ( probably more than 50% )
>
>True.  The problem is, the inheritance tax is destructive to
>small businesses because the heirs usually have to liquidate the
>business to pay the inheritance taxes.  This is utterly stupid.

So have a threshold or something if you're concerned about this. But
you know, inheritence is inheritence, whether it's a business or money.

>Are you saying that if a millionaire is given a $100,000 fine
>by a court, that he has not been punished, because he still
>has $900,000 left?

a penalty is probably a better word for it. I wouldn't call a fine
"punishment".

>> The real sellouts are those that are unwilling to fund a decent education
>> system.
>
>Money has very little to do with education.

It helps quite a lot. It's obviously not causally related to quality of
education, but it's a contributing factor.

>The pride and joy of the Detroit Public Schools is Cass Technical
>High School (named after the first governor of Michigan).  Although
>a public school, it has competitive entry, like a private school.

evidently, not competitive enough. Schools help students realise their
potential but to claim they turn dunces into Einsteins is false advertising.

>> (*)     The top private schools are usually better funded than the top
>>         public schools.
>
>And all of them (Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, MIT) are ranked ahead
>of the best public shools.

Yeah, but how do they do the rankings ? Take away some advantages that
the private schools tend to have ( for example, better funding resulting
in smaller class sizes ) and some state schools start to look pretty good.

>> (*)     Most of the schools in Europe are better than most of the private
>>         schools in the US.
>
>That's because they don't have a core of communist-agitating
>adherents who are doing anything possible to cause their
>societies to collapse from within.  Conversely, there is a
>very active and aggresive campaign to cause US society to
>collapse from within by sabotaging the education system at
>all levels.

Yeah, i know. I saw a round of public executions of high school teachers
last night. Then I met the new teachers, and their first names were all
"comrade" and their last names ended with "sky" and "ov"

>> >Wrong.  Both families consist of nothing but parasitic scum, who
>> >pay nary a penny in taxes while being a great burden to society.
>>
>> Wrong.
>
>Name one Kennedy or Rockefeller who isn't a parasite.

I was referring to your claim that they don't pay taxes

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,soc.singles,alt.society.anarchy
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:51:12 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Michael S. Lorrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
>
> >> How do you "opt out" of the tax system ?
> >Join the Tax Patriots. In the US, the Income Tax, in order to be
> >constitutional, had to be made a voluntary tax system. Do the proper
> >paperwork, and you don't gotta pay taxes. ...
>
>         Tax evasion, pure and simple.

Actually not.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,soc.singles,alt.society.anarchy
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:54:44 -0400

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 19:25:32 -0400, Michael S. Lorrey wrote:
> >Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
>
> >> The government throw you in jail for tax fraud if you don't pay your
> >> federal tax, but Microsoft can't do anything if you opt out of the
> >> Microsoft tax ? Subtle difference.
> >
> >Actually, Microsoft can get the government to go crack your head for
> >them. Its called piracy charges....
>
> How can they get you for piracy if you don't use their products ???
>
> --
> Donovan

There's the catch.  If you want a pre-built Intel-based PC,
your options are quite limited (unless you go to one of the
until-recently-nonexistant Linux startups).  3 years ago,
you had no choices...Windows or no computer.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.