  Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day. ("Mysterion")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: AMD is to Intel as "What OS" is to Windows?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:27:07 -0400

Cat wrote:

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Rex Ballard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP.
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:27:55 GMT

==============D72CBA2ED17D610DF23ABEF4

Brian Rourke wrote:

> By way of denouement:
>
> I decided I try a few more things today.  I backed up and deleted my
> logical drives and extended dos partition, freeing up lots of space at
> the end of my hd.  Then tried installing RH 7.0 again.  No luck.
>
> Then I used FIPS to shrink my primary partition, creating two
> primaries.  Still no luck.  I deleted the new primary, leaving about a
> gig of free space under 8gb.  Same result.

I think I might know your problem.  You must have some sort of boot or
root partition below 8 gigabytes.  You can then install LILO or grub
on that
partition.  The Boot partition can be just a few cylinders.  You can
then
update the master boot record, or you can boot from the /boot
partition.

For most BIOS versions, the boot partition must be below the 8 gig
line.
In addition, older versions of LILO had a problem with booting
partitions
above 8 gig.

I would also recommend that you invest in Partition Magic.  This is
more
expensive than FIPS, but is much more rigorous about cleaning up the
file
allocation tables and making sure that you don't accidentally map into
the
Linux partition (which corrupts both partitions).  In general, it's a
bad
idea to let your Windows partition get anywhere near full (since it
will
allocate and modify space before realizing that it has clobbered the
Linux
partition).  I usually leave an empty cylinder between the Windows
partitions
and the Linux partitions.

> The problem seems to relate to either my BIOS or my hard drive.  I
> also wondered if the installation program is being somehow thrown off
> by the lack of a Linux partition.  If all it sees is either
> unstructured free space or dos partitions, then perhaps it just stops.
> It's too bad that there's no way to designate a Linux partition as
> such before installing, kind of like rolling out the red carpet.

Again, it's usually best to create a small Windows partition (assuming
you
want to dual-boot - preferably Fat32) followed by a small Linux root
or
boot partition - each of these should be primary partitions (using
Partition
Magic or Linux Fdisk).  Then you can put the remaining partitions
(Linux and
Windows) in extended partitions.

> Well, I know when I'm licked.  I took back the RH 7.0 and decided to
> throw in the towel for now.  I've just about used up my computer
> messing-around time for this month.

I'm surprised that you had a bad service experience with Red Hat.
They usually put a "gotcha" into the installation, but they are also
quite happy to get you around the "gotcha".  This helps them count
users, especially new users.

> Many people here posted some excellent advice, which I will mull over
> as I consider whether or not to try again.  I'm thinking about SuSE
> and also about putting in a 2nd hard drive.

Both of these could be quite a bit less frustrating.  If you put in a
second
drive, you can simply select the preferred OS by setting the BIOS.
You can
still set up multiple boots as well.

I would recommend Mandrake or SuSE since you are new to Linux.
Mandrake,
which is put out by Simon and Shuster, is very heavily oriented toward
new Linux users and boasts the highest rating in that niche.

> Back to the Windows grind...

I hope you get the chance to try Linux again.  Hopefully, you will
have
a much better experience in the future.

> Thanks again to everyone who responded to my rant with more
> helpfulness and thought than it probably deserved.

I'm glad you took the time to reply.  It shows that you are seriously
interested in finding out what you can about Linux.  There are some
very exciting capabilities available in Linux that you will very much
enjoy.  It's a new paradigm, a new way of looking at things, even a
new
way of thinking, but you could find it very rewarding.

--
Rex Ballard
It Architect

begin:vcard
n:Ballard;Rex
tel;cell:908-723-4008
tel;work:973-723-4008
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fn:Rex Ballard
end:vcard

From: "Freakster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:30:57 -0500

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >He's gonna use nukes against an invasion force on his own beaches,
> > >so that the fallout can blow all over the island, making the entire
> > >place uninhabitable....
> >
> > You're obviously misunderstanding how Nuclear weapons are used for
defence.
> > See the Cold War for instance. It's a case of "hit me and I'll launch my
> > Nuclear arsenals at your cities". I can't believe you thought he meant
the
> > above... not even Castro would have been that stupid.
> >
> > >Yeah...right...you're a loony you are.
> > >
> > >Remember...several MILLION Americans took an oath to defend the
Constitution
> > >from all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.
> > >
> > >So...when we line you up against the wall....don't forget
> > >
> > >                        I TOLD YOU SO.
> >
> > What, is America a dictatorship now. When did that happen? Or are do you
> > see the US turning into a dictatorship in the future? Interesting...
> >

> No...but the penalty for treason still includes death by firing squad.
> And if it's wartime, drawing-and-quartering is ALSO a valid penalty.

No it isn't. Please cite.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Subject: Re: (newbie, help me!!) How Do I install Ximan gnome on SuSE 7.1
Date: 2 Apr 2001 10:27:26 -0600

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:21:42 GMT, Brad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>The install script says I have a unsupported version. Is there
>anyway to lie to the script? Thanks.

Make sure you have booted into a 2.2.xx kernel and then edit
/etc/SuSE-release and change all occurances of 7.1 to 7.0.

This fakes the ximian installer into proceeding with the GNOME
installation.  I did this and am happily running Ximian GNOME
on SuSE 7.1 under 2.4.x kernel.  Do not elect to use the GDM
manager though.  Stick with KDM.

Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism confession
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:37:45 GMT

   Aaron> Ah yes, the usual "that isn't *real* communism" lie.
   >> >>
   Aaron> So...tell us, Mr Wise guy...why are there not *ANY* "real communist"
   Aaron> countries in existance....and why is every country which calls itself
   Aaron> Communist also a police state?
   >> >>
   Aaron> Accuracy counts, so be precise.

   Aaron> Very good, but that's very general and vague.
   >>
   Aaron> I said be precise.
   >>
   Aaron> You know...name some Communist-style government policies that
   Aaron> you agree with.
   >>
   >> Can't think of any in the real world.

   Aaron> then you're a Communist.

Because I do not agree with any of their policies?

Please explain your "logic"?

   Aaron> Thank you for admitting that you are an enemy of the US Constitution.

No, that would be you, for your communist like calls for the deaths
of those that disagree with you.

   Aaron> This fact will be recorded for posterity.

What you imagine to be facts and reality seldom concur.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

------------------------------

From: Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure
Date: 02 Apr 2001 10:45:59 -0600

"Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "Bob Hauck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:03:07 GMT, Chad Myers
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >"Bob Hauck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > I mean that what little internet capabilities the Palm has, it's
> > > an after thought and usually hacked together.
> >
> > How is the Palm's Internet capability "hacked together"?  Please be
> > specific, because I think you are making stuff up again.
>
> Well, for one, it's an after thought.

Gee, kinda like Trumpet Winsock was?

Hmmm.

The original silver-press of Windows 95 didn't even include PPP and
you had to right-click on .INF files to install SLIP -- not to mention
that you had to go out of your way to install TCP/IP.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: New worm infests Linux machines/Exposes root backdoor
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:48:18 GMT

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:59:20 GMT, Chad Myers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure that Windows itself uses many Ring 0 VxD's, but I know
> many 3rd party drivers do.

The Win9x line is *built* out of VxD's Chad.  The underlying
architecture, insofar as there is one at all, is a bunch of VxD's that
try to get along together.

> This is why it's so hard for vendors to port drivers to WinNT/2K
> because in NT/2K they actually have to think about what they're
> developing rather than just hacking code together and hosing the
> system.

In contrast to Win9x, WinNT does have an actual driver model.  The
difficulty in porting is due to Win9x and NT being completely different
in this regard.  It has nothing to do with people "just hacking code
together".  Let's see you get a VxD to work by just randomly hacking.
Even a perfectly-written VxD will be a lot of work to port to NT, seeing
as how it has to be completely rewritten and all.

> The problems experienced in WinE are probably of the same result.

That MS "hacked code together"?

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Codem Systems, Inc.

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 03:05:18 +1000

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> Mathew wrote:
>    >>
>    >> For a person who constantly calls people"little dictators"
>    >> and "fascists" , Aaron certainky takes the cake for personifying
>    >> his own words.
>    >>
>    >> A product of fascist military indoctrination ,no doubt.
>
>    Aaron> So, protecting your constitutional rights is fascist now.
>
> You have repeatedly threatened to kill people for their political
> beliefs.  That is not protecting their Constitutional Rights.
>
> You are a totalitarian wannabe.

The Army brainwashed him.
He thinks he is saving the world and being Superman,and doesn't realize
he sounds like a millions of other right wing rednecks who can only see
in black and white.

From: "Mysterion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:16:33 -0400

> 1) my gun is government issued, therefore 100% legal, by definition.
>
> 2) *I* will be one of those sent out to "get the guns"
>
> Hope that helps.

And you would follow an illegal order like that?

> When *we* come search YOUR house for illegal weapons, so as to implement
> *YOUR* gun control laws....take care to remain silent when we urinate in
> your living room, you communist prick.  Otherwise, a little scuffle
> might break out.....and when you feel the horrible pain as a couple of
> bullets enter your body, shattering the very cells of your body tissues
> before it fragments into 5 pieces careening through your body, tearing
> open any blood vessels they encounter...
>
> Just remember...it was YOU who wanted the government to come and
> invade every citizen's home.....and the inquest will find that you
> were putting up illegal resistance, and we will be cleared of all
> wrongful death charges.
>
> After all, that's how it is in a police state.

Are you sure you want this to be your publically stated position on the
matter?

I just cleaned up my harddrive, so I'm not certain, but I thought
sliverchimp was the shithead here, not you.

But if you advocate an abuse of power such as you just described, I'm pretty
sure we can find enough rope for you too.

Good grief, aren't there any right thinking people left in America?