On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 12:21:22PM -0700, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Big patch, but all it does is add statics to functions which
> are in fact static, then remove the associated dead-code fallout.

I support removing dead code, though nearly all of the functions make me
wonder why they're not used. A few samples I see immediatelly:

> btrfs_iref_to_path()

The removed comment looks useful, I'd rather see it transferred to a
function with similar goal (that probably got a different name during
time).

> __btrfs_lookup_delayed_deletion_item()
> __btrfs_search_delayed_insertion_item()
> __btrfs_search_delayed_deletion_item()
> find_eb_for_page()
> btrfs_find_block_group()
> range_straddles_pages()
> extent_range_uptodate()
> btrfs_file_extent_length()
> btrfs_reada_detach()

That's an API for readahead, thhugh maybe not used now as RA is not used
and at all scenarios where it could.

> btrfs_scrub_cancel_devid()

Looks like there's a missing userspace counterpart, cancelling scrub by
device is possible by design.

> btrfs_start_transaction_lflush()

Transcaction API, removing the func does not make sense without removing
BTRFS_RESERVE_FLUSH_LIMIT at the same time.

david