On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:01:09AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> >> Maybe one for Arne to answer?  Yeah, I don't see it in the manpage
> >> or in userspace, so *shrug* where is the design?
> >
> > Scrub can be started on one device, cancel is just part of the command set.
> >
> > $ ./btrfs scrub cancel --help
> > usage: btrfs scrub cancel <path>|<device>
> >     Cancel a running scrub
>
> Right, but device is different from devid, no?
>
> i.e. btrfs replace start can take a devid or a device, and checks for
> if (is_numerical(srcdev)); this doesn't look implemented for
> scrub cancel.   I guess it could be.

Yeah, after further research, the 'scrub cancel' ioctl uses the device
just to find the filesystem as if a path were given, and does not cancel
scrub on that device. The ioctl does not take any user data so we'd have
to do IOC_SCRUB_CANCEL_V2 in order to implement cancel-by-id (or delete
the function if this is not a valid usecase, I don't know).

david