Subject: An Announcement from VUE
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:29:21 -0500

NEWS RELEASE

CONTACT:

NCS
Maggie Knack
612/829-3203
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NCS-VUE
Scott Allison
612/995-8800
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PRODUCTIVITY POINT INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Linda Lyddon
650/917-1320
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PPI Inc. Selects the NCS-VUE Testing System

Minneapolis - June 28, 1999 - Virtual University Enterprises (VUE), a division
of National Computer Systems, Inc. (NCS) (NASDAQ: NLCS), has announced that
Productivity Point International, Inc. (PPI), will recommend VUE as a preferred
test delivery partner to their more than 125 learning centers located
throughout North America. PPI, the nation's leader in customized technology
learning solutions, will use the VUE Testing System to deliver Information
Technology (IT) certification exams for leading software companies such as
Microsoft(, Novell( and others.

        Peter Squier, senior vice president of PPI, said, "We anticipate enjoying
substantial benefits from the flexibility that VUE's system offers us. Our
testing centers will be in complete control of their resources and testing
hours. Each center will be able to easily convert existing facilities to
accommodate testing demands as they occur. It's truly testing whenever they
want, wherever they want." Mr. Squier added, "Our tag line is, 'Get out in
front. And stay there.' VUE's philosophy seems to be similar ¾ they not only
offer a highly advanced and reliable delivery system right now, I'm confident
that they will continue to aggressively pursue enhancements to their system to
stay in the forefront."

        PPI instructs over one million IT workers annually in the fields of local area
networks, client/server computing, applications development and system
migration. They are one of Microsoft's largest Certified Technical Education
Center training partners in North America, and one of Novell's largest networks
of Novell Authorized Education Centers.

        VUE's vice president of IT Programs, Neil Crocker said, "We're very pleased
with this announcement, and we are excited to help PPI expand their testing
services. We also believe that PPI's choice is yet one more powerful indicator
that NCS is the rapidly emerging leader in this arena."

        VUE (http://www.vue.com) is an electronic testing, course registration and
training administration division of NCS. From operational centers in the United
States, Australia and the Netherlands, VUE provides a variety of services to
the IT training industry. Currently serving 92 countries, there are more than
1,200 VUE Authorized Testing Centers in their rapidly expanding network. NCS is
a global information services company providing software, services, and systems
for the collection, management, and interpretation of data. NCS
(http://www.ncs.com) serves important segments of the education, testing,
assessment, and complex data management markets. NCS provides the technology,
experience, and quality customer service essential in improving customers'
information systems. Headquartered in Minneapolis, NCS has 4,000 employees
serving its customers from more than 30 locations worldwide.

# # #

Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corp. in
the United States and/or other countries. Novell is a registered trademark of
Novell Inc. NCS and the NCS logo are registered trademarks of National Computer
Systems, Inc. PPI is a registered trademark of Productivity Point
International, Inc.