The local community college had a symposium including some elements of the
U of Illinois computing community to develop their strategy for supporting
IT in the area.  Even though it is very local, I thought this list might
be interested in seeing the results.  Linux appears favorably, especially
for servers.  Curiously, the job of "system administrator" seems missing
(I think it's subsumed under things like LAN administrator or web
administrator).  I've already complained about the lack of a legend for
the first table so maybe that will be fixed soon.

http://www.parkland.cc.il.us/vp/it/it.html

-Alan Mead