Please direct all comments on this back to Evan at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks,
Dan

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: Evan Leibovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LPI needs your help with our new website

The LPI is developing an entirely new website, both in structure and
design. We need people to help us automate it so that the design is
separated from the content. We also want to "rough in" facilities that
will be useful in the future for database lookups and other
highly-interactive features.

My gut reaction tells me that the modperl/embperl module of Apache, since
that gives all the power and flexibility of the Perl language, but I
suspect that more people are presently familiar with the PHP programming
environment.

Please write to me personally if you are interested in helping with this,
and especially if you have experience in either embperl or PHP -- in the
early going our programming needs should be fairly simple. We also have a
need for people skilled in the Gimp, as we will need to do some of the
graphics, buttons, etc. to suite the new style.

I will be assembling a team to do the site ans we will need to work
quickly. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

PS: I really don't want to get into a flamewar of PHP versus mod_perl;
I made my own preferences bease on personal conversations as well as
what appeared to be a fair comparison of the two at
http://www.devx.com/upload/free/features/webbuilder/1998/wb1098/bb1098/bb1098.htm

--
Evan Leibovitch                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CEO, Linux Professional Institute                         www.lpi.org