This message bounced that Evan was trying to send on Sunday...
Dan

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Evan Leibovitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Faber Fedor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: certification database and privacy

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Faber Fedor wrote:

> I have always liked the idea of using an email address as the unique
> identifier, since that *has* to be unique, no?

No, not really:

- as a person changes jobs, professional email destinations come and go

- personal email addresses can change as someone changes ISPs, or
  comes and goes from services such as hotmail

- Some services which use aliases or euphamisms, could re-use them if
  someone leaves. Let's say someone's on AOL and got the mail alias of
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] Once this person leaves AOL, the company is totally
  within its rights to assign the alias to someone else the next day.

- Some people have multiple email addresses; I think I have five or so.

--
Evan Leibovitch                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CEO, Linux Professional Institute                         www.lpi.org