LPI list members,

Many of you are probably aware that we (LPI) have been keeping in touch
with the folks over at SAGE (http://www.usenix.org/sage/) as they work
on a generic certification for UNIX system administrators.  They would now
like our help with their job-task analysis survey.  Since we distributed
a request for help on their lists when we did our JTA survey (back in April),
I'm forwarding the message below and asking you all to please help them out
with their survey.  The data will be useful to SAGE but will also be
interesting for us as we continue the further development of the LPI program.

Please do forward the message below on to other mailing lists where you
feel it appropriate.

Thank you,
Dan

Subject:  System Administrators Certification Survey

SAGE, The System Administrators Guild, is pleased to announce the System
Administrators Occupational Analysis Survey.

This is an ambitious step toward a certification program created strictly
by and for System Administrators. This program will allow us to set our own
industry standards and educational curricula in a vendor neutral
environment. Survey data from a cross section of practicing system
administrators is critical in evaluating the various technologies and
expertise levels that exist in the market today. We seek input on the tasks
and responsibilities that comprise a system administrator's position as well
as the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform them well.

Certification of system administration professionals is not only
inevitable, it is a reality. SAGE has taken the lead in this industry-wide
effort and you can participate by simply completing the survey.  Your
participation is critical for future educational information and
certification.

Log onto http://www.usenix.org/sage/cert/survey to complete the survey and
make yourself heard. The number and diversity of system administrator
reach as many system administrators as possible by forwarding this
announcement to colleagues who may not have seen it. Your participation is
greatly appreciated!