linux-cert and linux-cert-pr members,

In some ongoing discussions with Oracle, there is now a 95% probability
that Oracle will be providing a booth for LPI at their Oracle OpenWorld
trade show on November 15-18 in Los Angeles.  This is a major opportunity
for us to promote LPI certification... Oracle estimates about 25,000
people will attend the show (show info is further below)... but...

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!  If you notice the dates, they are identical to those
of the Linux Business Expo (held simultaneously with Comdex) in Las Vegas.
We will *also* be having a booth there - and the LPI Board needs to be there.

So... if we are to take Oracle up on their offer... we need to figure out
if we have the personnel to cover this event.  Specifically, I think we
need:

 1.) A single person who would be willing to be the "show coordinator"
     for our presence there... this person would be crucial in coordinating
     a schedule of booth volunteers, receiving LPI marketing material and
     organizing the booth setup and teardown, and acting as a liaison to
     the LPI board back at the LBE/Comdex if there are press contacts,
     questions, etc., etc. (Note this could be several people, but we need
     at least *one* person to whom we can ship things and give to Oracle
     as a local contact.)

 2.) BOOTH VOLUNTEERS - The show is 3 days and 1 evening - and we'll need
     people who can come in for a few hours (or more) and sit and answer
     questions about LPI and Linux certification.  Odds are that you might
     wind up answering general Linux questions (what is it?) as well.
     We have some basic FAQ info to help booth volunteers.

The LPI booth presence we've had is not a big deal... it's typically a
10'x10' booth with a table where we've put out papers and brochures about
LPI... we'll probably have some buttons as well... and a few signs to
post.  If we don't have a full booth we may have a stand in part of Oracle's
booth... exact details are being finalized.  If a computer has been
available, we've typically just had it set up to show the LPI web page.

So if there is anyone who will be either at the show already or lives in
the L.A. area and would be available to help out, PLEASE let us know. You'll
get an exhibitor badge with access to the show.  Especially if there is
someone who would be interested in being the point-of-contact, we *really*
need that as soon as possible.

In the interest of time, why don't we take this discussion to the
"linux-cert-pr" mailing list.  (If you are not a member, send a message
to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" with the message body of "subscribe
linux-cert-pr")
Let's hash things out there and see what we can do quickly...

Information about the show can be found at:

  http://www.oracle.com/openworld/

  "Exhibition Hall-The world's largest exhibition hall
  dedicated to Oracle partners. Over 300 of Oracle's most
  strategic partners will showcase their best Oracle
  solutions. There is no better place to see demonstrations
  and have your questions answered."

  The Exhibit Hall will be located in the South Hall of the
  Los Angeles Convention Center and will be open during the
  following hours:

     Monday, November 15 6:00pm - 8:00pm
      (for full conference attendees only)
     Tuesday, November 16 10:30am - 5:30 pm
     Wednesday, November 17 10:30am - 5:30 pm
     Thursday, November 18 10:30am - 2:00pm

We're thankful to Oracle for making this opportunity available
and looking forward to seeing the booth happen!  Please let us
know if you can help!

Thanks,
Dan

Dan York, Chair, Board of Directors  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux Professional Institute   http://www.lpi.org/
603-264-0129 mobile, 603-268-0691 tel, 603-268-0103 fax