I'm pleased to report that we are almost ready to end the item collection
phase for our first exam, T1a. We do still need a few more items in a few
of the objectives for this test. So, please visit the web-based item
collection system between now and Saturday (Oct. 30) and contribute.
The URL is: http://www.lpi.org/cgi-bin/tips.py .

We've made it easier to let you know what objectives we need items for by
removing the objectives for which we already have enough items. We've also
flagged a few objectives for which we have the greatest need for items.

While item collection for T1a will end Saturday, we will continue to
collect items for T1b, the second exam. Also, within 2 weeks, we will
start soliciting items for the T2 exam series, which covers distribution
differences.

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed items to our project.
Those items are currently undergoing screening and technical review. After
all items are collected, screened, and reviewed, we will select the best
ones, and these will appear on the exams. The first forms of T1a will be
available through the VUE network within about 1 to 2 months. Watch this
list for more details.