As we have previously reported, our first exam, T1a, is finished and is
now being input into VUE's international test delivery network. It will be
available in a couple of weeks.

We're working to finish the T1b exam, which covers aspects of basic Linux.
To finish this exam, we need about another 50 test questions. Some of the
particular subject areas we need items for are:
- Installing local and remote print queues
- Managing print queues
- Configuring modems and sound cards
- Shell scripting
- Configuring and building a kernel

If you have expertise in any of these areas, please help us by writing
test questions. You can submit questions online at
http://www.lpi.org/cgi-bin/tips.py .

In addition to the T1b exam, we are also working on our T2 series of exams
which cover material specific to each major Linux distribution. All of the
areas of this exam are still open for questions, so please submit
questions about your favorite distribution(s) of Linux using the online
interface referenced above.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out by writing and reviewing
questions. I hope you will assist us in completing these exams so that we
may begin offering our Level I certificate.

---
Scott Murray, Director of Exam Development              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux Professional Institute, Inc.                 http://www.lpi.org
Developing quality professional certification for the Linux community