On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Chuck Mead wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
> >As you already know, the first level of LPI's Linux certification program
> >includes the following exams:

%< cut >%

> >and the requirements for the Level I certificate are passing both 1a and
> >1b, and one of the 2x exams.
> >
> >We propose to allow candidates to take the required exams in any order
> >they wish. In other words, completing test 1a will not be required before
> >taking 1b or one of the test 2 exams.
> >
> >Are there any comments on this policy proposal?
>
> My preference would be that the T1's be taken prior to T2. The order of the T1's
> does not matter to me.

It has been discussed in November that RHCE can get a waiver for the T2d
(LPI Red Hat) exam.  A general policy to this effect has been approved by
the board on 10 January (see
http://www.lpi.org/minutes/minutes_board_20000110.txt), so effectively
people will have done the equivalent of the T2d test before any LPI
test.  Note however the final line from the policy:

"Unless otherwise provided for by the Board, waivers will only be
recorded after a candidate has attempted at least one LPI exam."

This has a technical reason, having to do with candidate registration and
administration.  Since we will be certifying a specific level of
expertise, the breakdown into multiple exams is a matter of convenience
(or whim).  I see no reason to require any order.

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    +31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]