Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> I want the AV7110 firmware to be compiled into the driver.
>> But I don't seem to be able to make it do that. I tried editing the
>> linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/Kconfig file and changed the default value
>> of DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE to point to my firmware file's location,
>
> Use make menuconfig or make xconfig and then set the options like you would
> if you were compilig the kernel.

Actually that's what I want to avoid.

I want to use an automated process that downloads the
latest driver source, unpacks it into a new directory,
does some magic necessary to have the firmware taken
from a custom place and compiled into the driver, and
runs the 'make'. I don't want to have to go through any
kind of interactive action.

Klaus