Andrew Waldram wrote:
> Ah I'll dig them out and give them a whirl let you know

Even still, I dont think those patches will solve it entirely.  As I
understand it, the qt1010 code was reverse engineered...  This means that
as it is now, it will probably only work for the tv standards used by the
author who did that reverse engineering.

(megasky contributors cc'd)

Markus has told me that the qt1010 code doesnt work in his em2880 devices
either, so I have to assume it is due to this very fact.

If you're feeling adventurous, it might be a good idea to sniff usb
traffic from the windows driver, and see how the tuner is being controlled.

Perhaps you might need an alternate setup in qt1010.h for it to work
properly.  If we can get a working setup from you, hopefully qt1010.h can
eventually be converted into a proper tuner module, and work for various
different setups.

Unfortunately, since both m920x and gl861 drivers use qt1010, and there
arent yet any known working devices using m920x or gl861 with a tuner other
than qt1010, we'll have to continue to hold this code in the experimental
megasky repository.

I'll do my best to keep this tree relatively up-to-date with the master
repository.  We're a bit behind right now, but nothing significant.  If there
are any major API changes in the master branch, I will regenerate the megasky
tree to reflect them.

Cheers,

Mike