Andrew Waldram wrote:

>> Even still, I dont think those patches will solve it entirely.  As I
>> understand it, the qt1010 code was reverse engineered...  This means that
>> as it is now, it will probably only work for the tv standards used by the
>> author who did that reverse engineering.
>>
>> If you're feeling adventurous, it might be a good idea to sniff usb
>> traffic from the windows driver, and see how the tuner is being controlled.
>
> How right you are
>
> these patches do not help at all
> it does look like Malcolm could well be right.
>
> Is there any good documentation where to start sniffing/reverse
> engineering (I'm not stupid but pretty vague at times;-) )

Markus has some useful information on his wiki page:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Em2820

When reading this page, please keep in mind that the examples on it are all
em28xx-based usb devices, so naturally not all of the information will apply
exactly.  However, the scripts in his v4l_experimental/em2880 directory are
useful for any usb device.  If you end up using the scripts in his tree
(located at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb) , just remember to
use the modules from the megasky tree.  :-)

Good Luck,

Mike