Am Freitag, 11. Mai 2007 09:52 schrieb Mike Booth:
> I have a bttv based card which doesn't work on Bttv/dvb-bt8xx set-up..I
> want to try to get it to work with this new driver thus helping with the
> testing and potentially adding a new (old) card to the list of supported
> cards.
>
> I am having a problem in getting to a position where I can compile this. I
> have "cloned " the master repository with no problem have cd to the repo
> and "pulled" cx878 from thadathil but I can get no further. I think that
> there is something in the instructions I am missing. Can someone please
> give me a few pointers on the nexts steps with regard to merging cx878 or
> whatever please.
>
> Rgds
>

> Mike

Hi Mike,
if you have a card that does not work with dvb-bt8xx then I suspect that you
won't succeed with cx878 either.

a. the cx878 is not ready yet - Manu is working on it together with me doing
the testing work.
b. If it's ready I can send you and others the useful hints how to compile and
get it running.
c. for your specific card I would suggest:
- send in a dmesg that we can see whether it is supported or not
- have a look at http://www.bttv-gallery.de for a list of supported cards

Cheers
Uwe