Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 06:03:41 schrieb P. van Gaans:
> I don't call myself a programmer (I've never seen any C guide), but
> somehow I figured out how to add an extra switch to tzap to make it
> print the status in (human-readable) decimal instead of hex. It is
> attached. It would be really nice if this would make it into the
> dvb-apps on linuxtv..
>
> Talking about that, could anybody tell me the minimal and maximal and/or
> possible values for status, signal, snr, ber and uncorrected? If I would
> know them I could try to make the numbers more human-readable (eg signal
> ranging from 0 to 99 or so).

Could you please redo that:
- in patch format (=only the additions)
- equally for tzap, czap, szap and femon?

Thus everybody could take advantage from that idea.
Would be a pleasure for us all if you did!

My idea for further enlargement (a quite old idea of mine):
route the human readable numbers into a speech recognition engine (festival)
to make them auditable and thus real usable for DVB-S dish tuning f. ex.

Note: If the DVB-S dish is far away from the machine (card), auditable signals
are necessary.