Hello all,

I would like to announce the beginning of a project to
make a concerted effort to mainline patches and features
from Android into the mainline Linux kernel.

At the recent kernel summit in Prague, there was a discussion
about re-evaluating some of the Android-specific features
that are found in Google's android kernel, and looking at
whether and how to incorporate them into the mainline (kernel.org)
kernel.

Various parties, including individual developers, the
CE workgroup in the Linux Foundation, and a group at Linaro
have been working on different aspects of this.  A wiki
page and mailing list have been created to help coordinate
our efforts and avoid duplication and confusion.

The wiki page for this effort (still under construction) is
at: http://elinux.org/Android_Mainlining_Project

There's a mailing list if you wish to follow discussions
about this project.  It's available at:

If you are interested in this work, please join the mailing
list or send me an e-mail.  Some interesting things are already
happening.  I'll send a status message to the ce-android-mainline
list in a day or two to let interested parties know what's currently
going on.

Regards,
 -- Tim