On 2006-05-21T07:13:16, Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<tangent>

> Lars has always wanted RAs to time themselves (which I thought was
> madness), so he may disagree with us on this.

If you can't represent me correctly, please do not at all ;-) I prefer
to speak for myself.

I said that there's value in RAs having time-outs on the (possibly
blocking) external commands they run in some cases, and then might
escalate to a more forceful way of, say, shutting down a resource
instance. (ask nicely, ask with force, kill processes - the Oracle
database agent for FailSafe had such logic.)

That's got nothing to do with the current discussion, though.

</tangent>

> Do they show up in the normal namespace now?

Yes. That's a "bug" though, they shouldn't.

> >And even the compatibility shouldn't be too bad since the LRM gets
> >these values from the CRM not the parameter list.
> The one I know shows up is "target_role".  This is kind of annoying in
> the GUI.  So in my thinking (futile and clouded though it is), it's the
> example I tend to have in mind.

Now that I think of it some more, whether the GUI learns to treat a
meta_attributes section differently or treat attributes starting with
"crm_meta_" differently probably doesn't matter one way or the other.

But, how to describe defaults for these in the RA metadata then?

Probably ought to go into the <special tag="heartbeat-2.0"/> section in
the metadata then :-/

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--