On 2006-05-21T16:04:24, Andrew Beekhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Though still, how would the RA inform the tools about description &
> >defaults for this?
> this is where i'm a bit lost... these aren't RA parameters so in
> theory there's nothing to change right?

Ah, but they are. For example, the RAs currently use their metadata to
tell the GUI what defaults to set for clone_max, clone_node_max already,
and I'd expect that a drbd RA would also wish to tell us that yes, it
would want to have notifications enabled by default pretty please, and
that yes, it's a master-slave one. (Currently, this is indicated by the
promote/demote/notify ops being in the metadata.)

If we move it out of the regular namespace, it follows they shouldn't be
described within the regular <parameters> section in the metadata
either. So we need to put them somewhere else...

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
High Availability & Clustering