On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:53:57PM -0400, David Vossel wrote:
> > The plan to set 'volume_list=["@*"]' in lvm.conf and override the tags
> > during
> > the activation using "vgchange -ay --config 'tags{ mytag{} }' vg0" does not
> > work.
> >
> > As a similar alternative, I am forcing the volume_list in lvm.conf to be
> > initialized and not contain the tag the cluster is using for exclusive
> > activation, and then overriding the volume_list during the activation to
> > allow volume groups with the cluster tag to be activated.  This is a very
> > similar approach to what Lars original proposed.
> >
> > I have finished my initial work on the new set of patches. They can be found
> > in this pull request.
> > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/252
>
> This patch is going in tomorrow. Speak up now if you have any reservations
> concerning it.

Manny thanks for all the work,
as "tomorrow" has passed,
I just merged it.

Added a "tag" parameter description.

I'm not sure why we would need to "strip" the tag on stop though?

Or why we would override a different tag on start.

As the "cluster tag" is not supposed to change,
we could just require the admin to set it once.

Has the side-effect that an admin can revoke the "cluster rights"
by simply re-tagging with something != the cluster tag.

Do we still want the single-lv activation feature as well?

--
: Lars Ellenberg