Hi folks!

I have a 2-node setup for MySQL HA. The two nodes access a shared set
of SAS disks over a backplane. The services/resources are: an IP
address, an LVM VG, two mountpoints and MySQL.

Using heartbeat 3.0.4 with a "v1" configuration this is a piece of cake.

Except apparently for stonith. The documentation hints that stonith
and stonith_node should be available when using "v1" configurations.
And a grep through current sources seems to indicate it's still
supported.

But the 'stonith' script/binary and the scripts that the old
documentation indicates aren't there anymore (when I install on
RHEL6.4).

I do have fenced (from cman) and fence_ipmilan (from fence-agents)
which looks like it should work for these boxes.

Can heartbeat 3.x, using a v1 config, drive fence_ipmilan or some
equivalent node? Any hints how, or how to explore/discover/debug?

Please CC me.

thanks!

ps: yes, I know about more modern facilities. trying really hard to
keep this simple...
--
 martin.langh...@gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions