On 17/07/13 20:43, Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langh...@gmail.com> wrote:
But the 'stonith' script/binary and the scripts that the old
documentation indicates aren't there anymore (when I install on
RHEL6.4).

Configuring stonith_host external foo bar baz led me in the right
direction. heartbeat knows what to do, but on RHEL/CentOS/SL 6.x
cluster-glue no longer includes stonith agents.

Some info at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/74487

So I rebuilt the RPMs for cluster-glue reversing that removal.

It is a dicey proposition, of course, to setup a cluster that I expect
to be long-lived based on software that folks are running to
deprecate. But I have played with corosync + pacemaker extensively,
and TBH they are way overkill for a simple setup.

Is there a _simple_ setup guide for a two node cluster? Y'know, LVM,
couple mountpoints, one server daemon (mysql)?

I am not afraid of complexity; but I like to pick where to invest in
complexity :-)

cheers,

The easiest, native way under RHEL/CentOS is to use corosync + cman + rgmanager. The configuration you are describing will be simple and will be properly supported until 2020 (at least), and not need hacks.

If you're interested in this approach, I can help. Here or on #linux-cluster on freenode's IRC.

digimer

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?