Linux-Hardware Digest #750, Volume #9            Fri, 19 Mar 99 14:14:11 EST

Contents:
  Installation problemas ("Luis")
  Re: Linux, Linksys PCMCIA, Fujitsu 420D notebook (Dirk Geschke)
  Re: X munges the graphics card? (Re: Windows 2000 Rah! Rah! Session falls flat)
(John Thompson)
  Re: "Select the application, and then the platform" ("Todd Bandrowsky")
  Olympus D220L Digital Cam...under linux? (Michael D. Knight)
  SoundBlaster Live! ("Dave Moczulski")
  Re: SCSI 68pin to 50pin, possible? (M. Buchenrieder)
  choosing a portable (Anders Peterson)
  Re: Another MO question... (Jim Howes)
  irda port - shows up as COM2 alias ttyS1 (Ulrich Hahn)
  Re: Scanning-HOWTO (Gary Momarison)
  choosing a portable (Anders Peterson)
  Re: Is Windows for idiots? (Re: X munges the graphics card?) (Matthias Warkus)
  Re: wanted scrap (Ben Myers)
  Re: Linux with > 64MB RAM?? (Dean Pan)
  X and motherboard asus sp97v (Julien Canivet)
  Re: 4mm Sun DAT under Linux? (Ralf Draeger)
  Re: "Select the application, and then the platform" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Running CD-Rom of Soundcard (Akira Yamanita)
  Re: My mouse is screwed. ("Charles Sullivan")
  How can I use the machine with a USR-SportsterMessage+ modem (Ludovic Le Botlan)
  Re: Is Windows for idiots? (Richard Steiner)
  Can someone recommend me a 56K6 PCMCIA modem? (Carl Thijssen)
  AWE 64 ("Craig Griffiths")
  Re: My mouse is screwed. (Tim Moore)

From: "Luis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Installation problemas
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:48:48 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to install RedHat 5.2 on a Pentium 200 MMX machine with 32 Mb
Ram, 2.1 Gb HDD , 1 ATAPI CDROM on the secondary IDE controller and a
J-5TXBR2(Bios:8-4-1997).

But I have some problems that with my friends don’t have with the same
installation.

1-
When I start the installation process and during the process I don’t have
any problem. But, when this finish, the Red Hat reboot the computer and the
LILO appears. So I can choose to go to Win98 or Linux. If I go to Win98, I
don’t have any problem, but when I go to Linux, the Lilo start sending
messages to the screen and in a few seconds the computer reboot again. I try
again and it does the same.

The things that I do in the process installation are(I start from Dos
system):
-‘autoboot’ from RedHat 5.2 CD,
-choose language and keyboard,
-local cdrom,
-using Disk Druid(hda1 goes to Win98(1G)/hda5 goes to Linux Native(1G on ‘/
) /hd6 goes to Linux Swap(100Mb) ) – these are the values (+/-) that I put.
-format the partitions,
-choose the components to install,
-configure the mouse, clock, select services, printer and monitor,
-put the root password,
-create the boot disk,
-install lilo to MBR,
-and it stays ready to reboot,
-the lilo appears,
-the messages too
-and … reboot again
-… do the same thing
-… … … and it goes again

And this is the my great problem.

2-
When it starts to load linux and certain message appears, how can I see one
to one on monitor, something like ‘pause and continue’? I do this question
because it’s so fast that I can’t see anything … only on the beginning when
it just load the linux.

3-
If I start the linux from the linux boot disk, when I start the installation
procedure the system hangs up after the
recognition of the IDE controllers, with no reboot (only hard reboot).

And it stops here:
ide:18237 PIIX (Triton) on PCI bus 0 function 57
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xf000 - 0xf007
ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008 - 0xf00f

What could this be?
So, the only I can do is to start the process installation from  the Linux
CD(using autoboot) and begin with the process installation above.

4-
I saw in somewhere that the root partition ‘/’  must be in the first 1024
cylinders. Could this be my problem? If so, how can I fix the problem?
Should be make the boot on  ‘/boot’?

Well, after getting the Linux CD(RedHat 5.2 + boot disk), I get always the
same problem with different process installations. I try to install it in
another computers and it works fine. So my suspects goes to Bios? Hard
Drive? Or my computer? I don’t know what to do next.

Thank you in advance

Sincerely

Luis Correia

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dirk Geschke)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Linux, Linksys PCMCIA, Fujitsu 420D notebook
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:04 GMT

[Posted and mailed]

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        Brian K Justice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> interrupt (10), and the eth0 interface starts. Problem is, I can't
> get anywhere on the NW. Ping anything, and I get 'network unreachable'.
> I believe my routing tables are fine (they're equivalent to my
> desktop, on the same NW). Would anyone care to cat out their
> /etc/pcmcia/config so I can see what yours looks like? Should I

Have simply a look at /etc/pcmcia/network.opts. This file is nearly
self explaining and contains all important data to set up your
ethernet device, like your own IP-Number, the default gateway, your
Netmask, nameservers and so on.

Dirk
| Dirk Geschke              | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
| Universit"at Gh Kassel    | Tel.  :      0561/804-4581            |
| Fachbereich Physik        | Heinrich-Plett-Stra/3e 40             |
| Theoretische Physik       | 34132 Kassel                          |

From: John Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: X munges the graphics card? (Re: Windows 2000 Rah! Rah! Session falls
flat)
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:09 GMT

Zenin wrote:

>         You should have seen MY mom the first time we put a mouse in her
>         hand...It wasn't a pretty sight...  It was that day I realized why
>         Macs still only have there one stupid mouse button...

HAR!

I saw that too!

We're not related by any chance, are we?  :-)

--

-John ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

------------------------------

From: "Todd Bandrowsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: "Select the application, and then the platform"
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:57:16 GMT

>I guess you've never heard of MOTIF.  Funny thing I was always required to
follow the MOTIF >standard for dialogs and used the core widgets for say an
open file dialog.

If MOTIF is so prevalent on Unix, then why do all X applications look
different?  Why do I have a bunch of different X apps on my Linux box that
all have different styles of FILE | OPEN.  Heck.  skip that even.  Why does
every one have completely different menus?

>> d.    Really shitty printer support.  X does not seem to have the same
>> concept of device independent drawing surfaces characterized by the
>
>Well X isn't an OS.

I'm not asking X to be an operating system.  Rendering is rendering.  If you
are going to have an application capable of drawing to the display, then why
not be able to use that same drawing code for clipboard support and printer
support?  Windows 3.1 isn't an operating system either and it does this.

>It can be more difficult to setup a printer under
>Unix. Remember X is the
>basis for the graphics. You then layer a window manager of your choice
>on it.

No, you start out with a generic graphics surface, and layer a windowing
system on top of that.  That way, you don't need tools to deal with
printers, and you get nifty things like wysiwyg for nearly free.

>> e.    Font support.  X does not have anything like true type fonts.  I've
>> yet to see an X application on my Linux box that does anything that I
take
>> for granted on Windows.
>
>Strange I just installed True Type fonts on my Linux box and I am using
>them with Netscape and xterm.

Ah, but under Windows, true type fonts are available to all applications.  I
don't see gimp giving me true type fonts.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael D. Knight)
Subject: Olympus D220L Digital Cam...under linux?
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:02 GMT

I am shamefully running win98 on my new Celeron 300A.

I will probably install linux on it next month.  I want to find out it
my Olympus D220L digital camera will work under linux or not.

It is a simple serial interface, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I
guess I'm looking for some drivers that will be able to download the
pics off the camera.  Are there any tools available to do this?

I have been away from Linux for a couple of years now, so I'm not sure
what is out there for this type of thing.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Look at email address carefully....anti-spam in effect.

-Michael

--
COMBAT AIRCRAFT: A mix    Michael David Knight           F-4    |  Phantom II
of sharp teeth, cold      Gulfstream Aerospace                 /O\

------------------------------

From: "Dave Moczulski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SoundBlaster Live!
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:18 GMT

does anyone know how to use sndconfig to get the SoundBlaster Live! to work.
I'm currently running Mandrake Linux 5.3  it says that a PCI audio card is
found, but unknown.  and i try everything but can't get it to work right.
thanks.  a reply by email is aprreciated.

Dave

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (M. Buchenrieder)
Crossposted-To: comp.periphs.scsi
Subject: Re: SCSI 68pin to 50pin, possible?
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:16 GMT

[Note FollowUp-To: header - irrelevant for the col.* hierarchy]

John Walstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I'm planning to buy a HP scanner to use under Linux.  My system already
>has a 68pin Wide SCSI card and I really don't have any free ISA or PCI
>slots. The HP scanners I saw had a 50pin SCSI port. Is it possible to go
>from 68pins to 50pins via a cable of a coverted?

You can buy 68->50 pin converters in any better computer shop. They
are not cheap, though; expect a price of USD 20.-- and up.

However, keep in mind that having a scanner on the external port
of your SCSI card may yield unexpected results:

a) If you do have SCSi disks on the internal SCSI chain, then
   you'll run into problems when scanning - typical SCSI scanners
   don't support disconnect/reconnect and therefor do occupy the
   SCSI bus during the scanning process;

b) if you already have two internal connectors of that SCSI card
   in use, then you may not connect any device on the external port
   at all , unless it is a U2W adapter card or a card with 2 SCSI
   busses (e.g. AHA3940) ;

c) the scanner must be terminated with an additional external 50-pin
   terminator plug on the seconary port of the scanner;

d) the internal devices' termination (including host adapter card)
   has to be adjusted correctly.

Michael

P.S.: Posted and not mailed - if we're supposed to answer it, you may
      at least read the answers.

--
Michael Buchenrieder * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.muc.de/~mibu

From: Anders Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions
Subject: choosing a portable
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:20 GMT

I have a Toshiba Portégé 300CT running S.u.S.E. Linux 5.3. My plan is to
buy a new (much better) portable and upgrade to S.u.S.E. Linux 6.0.

Most of the computers I’ve looked at, like the HP OmniBook 4150, use a
256bit NeoMagic graphics chip. Linux has no support for these (only
128bit versions). NeoMagic is by far the most popular graphics chip
today. All the better portables use the 256bit version. Linux will just
have to support it. Does anyone know when this will happen?

I found the MiTac MiNote 6020. It has a 100MHz system bus (the worlds
first I’m told), and an ATI RAGE LT PRO graphics accelerator with 8MB
SGRAM and full AGP 2x mode bus support. I like this.

The S.u.S.E. hardware compatibility database says that ATI RAGE LT PRO
is supported but not with LCD screens (not on portables).

VA Research sells the VarBook 120 preinstalled with Linux. According to
them everything except sound works (they’re working on that). “The
VarBook 120 - based on the popular NEC LX …”

The NEC Versa LX uses ATI RAGE LT PRO. The S.u.S.E. hardware
computability database must be wrong.

VA Research can’t supply the VarBook 120 with a Swedish keyboard (I
assume). NEC portables are not sold in Sweden. But, if the ATI RAGE LT
PRO really does work I can buy the MiNote 6020. Can anyone help me here?

Anyone have other suggestions for portables that work with Linux?
(including sound)

/Anders
--
Anders Peterson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], +46-(0)70-843 78 92
Optimatika, www.optimatika.se, +46-(0)8-614 50 05

------------------------------

From: Jim Howes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Another MO question...
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:28 GMT

Vincent Lai wrote:
> I am using Fujitsu slim FN640 turbo MO and RH5.2 Kernal 2.0.36.
> Now I can mount my MO ... but I face another problem ...
> Can I use 640 MB MO block  size 2048 to boot up my Linux??
> If Yes, how can I do that...?
> Thx.

If it's a variant on the M2513A or M2513E drive (I.e. a SCSI 640Mb
Optical device) then there is a patch available for 2.0.34 (which
appears to work OK on 2.0.35 too) that allows you to use 2048b/s
opticals.  I have not tried it on 2.0.36;  I suspect that if you
got the 2.0.34 sources, and applied the patch, then patched up
to 2.0.36 the results would probably be ok.

The only problem I've had with it is that fdisk gets confused,
and I have to create a partition that only appears to use 1/4
of the disk, but that's hidden in a script, so my customer doesn't
know..

I have the patch here, and I can mail it if you want, because
I've forgotten where it came from...

Apply it with
        cd /usr/src
        patch -p0 <fujitsu-2513a-2.0.34.diff

If you're going to search for it, 'fujitsu-2513a-2.0.34.diff'
probably isn't a bad thing to look for.

------------------------------

From: Ulrich Hahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: irda port - shows up as COM2 alias ttyS1
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:35 GMT

..but when opening it or starting pppd on it I  just get IO-errors.
Is there a new device coming up?

--
kind regards
 -ulrich-

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=get%20u_hahn
request my key for a secure answer
PGP fingerprint: 5AC7 FCA6 D0E5 5A5D  DA58 01B0 5458 6BA8

While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one you don't
keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove.
  -- Edward Stevenson

------------------------------

From: Gary Momarison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Scanning-HOWTO
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:49:34 GMT

http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/scanning.html

--
Look for Linux info at http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml and in
Gary's Encyclopedia at http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/index.html

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthias Warkus)
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Is Windows for idiots? (Re: X munges the graphics card?)
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:49:44 GMT

It was the Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:43:53 GMT...
..and Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[schnibble]
> By going back to the 70's I meant a green screen cli interface.
> It was a stupid comment on my part anyhow :(

Steve, thanks. You just refreshed my belief in reason in a major way.

mawa
--
Q: Why do bagpipers walk when they play?
A: They're trying to get away from the noise.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ben Myers)
Crossposted-To:
alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.aptiva,alt.comp.hardware.superdisk,cn.bbs.comp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ib
Subject: Re: wanted scrap
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:51 GMT

Where are you located?  What do you pay, by category of scrap?  I have
a few hundred pounds of boards and drives... Ben Myers

"matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>faulty hard disk drives,tape backup drives, cellphones

Ben Myers
Spirit of Performance, Inc.
Harvard, MA
tel: 978-456-3889
fax: 978-456-3937
MC, VISA, AMEX accepted.

------------------------------

From: Dean Pan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux with > 64MB RAM??
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:57:18 GMT

I had similar problem a couple of weeks ago.  Use

linux mem=128M  RH 5.1

or

linux /dev/hda1 rw mem=128M     slackware 5.1

to pass the correct amount of RAM when you boot.

Dean

------------------------------

From: Julien Canivet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.x
Subject: X and motherboard asus sp97v
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:56 GMT

I've problems to install X because of my video card which is integreted
to my motherboard. It is a asus sp97v and is not recognised by redhat
5.2
thanx

juju

=====================================
Julien Canivet
Siegmunds Hof 2-4
62.11.00.11
10555 Berlin

email : [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel : +49 (0) 30/ 39 84 84 16

------------------------------

From: Ralf Draeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 4mm Sun DAT under Linux?
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:58:40 GMT

Stew Benedict wrote:

> I'm looking at buying a Sun 4mm 8GB DAT:
>
> Brand new Sun  SPARCstorage Unipack
> external 8GB 4mm DAT drive
> in a 611 case sun P/N 595-3915-04
> Model X6254A..  In original box with cables, manual
> one tape and head cleaner.
>
> Any reason to suspect this would not work with Linux?  So far I haven't
> hit anything that was SCSI that did not work.
>
> Any experience with this partiuclar drive would be appreciated.

Don't know about tapes, but Sun-CDRoms do *NOT* work on non-Sun SCSI
adapters because of their different blocksize ...

Regards, Ralf.
--
Ralf Draeger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Intraplan Consult Gmbh  Orleansplatz 5a  81667 Muenchen  +49 89 45911-0 -

> What is the most widely available Unix utility to randomize lines
> in a file?
vi. Just ask a novice to edit the file for you. (Cal Dunigan in c.u.s)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:59:04 GMT

In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.hardware didst Todd Bandrowsky
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> eloquently scribe:
:>I guess you've never heard of MOTIF.  Funny thing I was always required to
: follow the MOTIF >standard for dialogs and used the core widgets for say an
: open file dialog.

: If MOTIF is so prevalent on Unix, then why do all X applications look
: different?  Why do I have a bunch of different X apps on my Linux box that
: all have different styles of FILE | OPEN.  Heck.  skip that even.  Why does
: every one have completely different menus?

Motif is the widget set.
It's the application writer who decides what menus will hold what options
and where they're going to be.

The only thing Motif (or any other widget set) disctates is what the buttons
will look like, and how they react to being pressed...

|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|   Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a    |
|                          | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
|     Andrew Halliwell     | operating system originally  coded for a 4 bit |
|       Finalist in:-      |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
|     Computer Science     |        can't stand 1 bit of competition.       |
|GCv3.1 GCS/EL>$ d---(dpu) s+/- a- C++ U N++ o+ K- w-- M+/++ PS+++ PE- Y t+ |
|5++ X+/++ R+ tv+ b+ D G e>PhD h/h+ !r! !y-|I can't say F**K either now! :( |

------------------------------

From: Akira Yamanita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Running CD-Rom of Soundcard
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:57:23 GMT

Paul Mc Kenna wrote:

> > Your CD-ROM may not even be an IDE device.  Is there actually a master/slave/cable
> > select jumper on it?  Don't forget that the Sony/Panasonic(? one of those might be
> > Mitsumi, I don't remember) CD-ROM interfaces also use 40-pin connectors.  What
>speed
> > is your CD-ROM?  Generally speaking, if it's 4x or less, there's a good possibility
> > that it's a proprietary interface and you're just wasting mental clock cycles.  :-)
>
> I am sure that the drive is IDE. Up until this 486, I have never used a CD which
>didn't
> attach to the IDE controller. Also the sound card connector is marked IDE. And as I
> said, this drive was working with this sound card under windows 95. ( I think the
>drive
> was originally attached to an old Pentium I had)

That's rather unusual.  That's the first I've heard of that situation as well.  What
happens if you take out the sound card?  Even my 286 had a dual channel IDE controller.

------------------------------

From: "Charles Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: My mouse is screwed.
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:59:08 GMT

This sounds like the problem I had in RH5.2.  The MS Intellimouse PS/2 would
work at the console screen and then at the X window screen.  But if I exited
back to the console the mouse would barf.  This mouse has a wheel button
so I downloaded the 'imwheel' program from freshmeat.  This program
includes a patched gpm which solved the mouse barf problem. (Note: the
original gpm did not show 'imps2' as a valid mouse type if you run 'gpm -i';
the patched one does.)

Here's the file /etc/sysconfig/mouse file I'm now using:
MOUSETYPE="imps2"
XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
FULLNAME="Microsoft IntelliMouse (PS/2)"
XEMU3=no

------------------------------

From: Ludovic Le Botlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: How can I use the machine with a USR-SportsterMessage+ modem
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:59:09 GMT

My probleme is that I can give up MS Windows, just because I use
this modem, and it is really unpreasant. I use fonctionnality of machine ( I think it
is the right world : a machine used to record and lisen message on telephone) and I am
looking for a soft
allowing me to listen my messages.

Thank you for an answer.

PS : sorry for English mistakes. I am french and I am learning English.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Richard Steiner)
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Is Windows for idiots?
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:57:27 GMT

Here in comp.os.linux.setup, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve) spake unto us, saying:

>By going back to the 70's I meant a green screen cli interface.
>It was a stupid comment on my part anyhow :(

Yeah.  I mean, my console has a LOT of pretty text colors.  :-)

BTW, I'm a mainframer who plays with a lot of code which was originally
written in the 60's.  Calling something a fallback to the 70's is not
always an insult.  ;-)

--
   -Rich Steiner  >>>--->  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  >>>---> Bloomington, MN
    OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris + BeOS +

------------------------------

From: Carl Thijssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Can someone recommend me a 56K6 PCMCIA modem?
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:59:10 GMT

I'm using Debian on my laptop with an old 14k4 modem. I would like to
upgrade to a 56k6 modem, but I am unsure which modems are supported by
linux and which aren't.

Can someone recommend a 56k6 pcmcia modem?

Tanks,

Carl Thijssen

------------------------------

From: "Craig Griffiths" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AWE 64
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:59:14 GMT

I just installed Caldera Open Linux 1.3, Kernel 2.0.35 on a Pentium II 266
box. Recompilied Kernel with sound support fot the Soundblaster but it does
not seem to work. I have done this with an AWE32 with no problems and on
boot I see the lines "Sound Initialization Started" and "Sound
Initialization Completed" along with port, irq and dma info. However, with
the AWE64 I get the "...Started" and "....Stopped" lines but nothing is
displayed for ports, irq or DMA and I dont have sound?? I have double
checked the settings in the Kernel setup for port, irq and dma and they are
all correct???

Is there anything special I need to know about getting this card working
under Linux??

------------------------------

From: Tim Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 19 Mar 1999 13:57:25 GMT

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "imps/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5            # wheelmouse
    Buttons     3

--
[Replies: make the double y a single]

"Everything is permitted.  Nothing is forbidden."
                                   WS Burroughs.