Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi good people!

Throughout the years I have created (and still am creating) many useful and free-as-in-speech digital resources: open source software, a home site with many resources, presentations about various topics (including "Perl for Perl Newbies"), essays, articles and fictitious stories. I placed them all on the web for anyone to enjoy and learn from, without asking for anything in return. I enjoy doing that and plan to continue doing that. However, I also would like to start seeing some monetary benefit.

For this, I decided to add a PayPal donation button to my sites, so people can donate money for me in exchange for benefiting from the fruits of my labour. In order to accept credit cards donations PayPal requires two things:

1. An international credit card.

2. An account in a U.S. bank.

I recently opened an account at FIBI and they told me that in order to get an international credit card I need to reserve 15,000 NIS. I don't have this kind of money at the moment, and since I need a PayPal account to collect it, I have a chicken and egg problem. But I figured out a way to resolve it.

If you feel that you know me well and that my work is worthy, please consider giving me a personal loan of several 1,000's NIS. I will use it to set up my PayPal account and to eventually gather enough money to pay it back. (Possibly with some interest).

Is this a phishing email?

        Gadi.