On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Shaul Karl wrote:

> This is merely a question. I talk to nobody before asking.
> Is it settled that on the first Friday of Jan at 12:00 (Fri Jan  7 12:00:00
> IST 2000) Ury Segal will speak about the Linux kernel at the IDC?

the votes are pointing at Friday noons/afternoons, with a close "Friday
mornings" vote. I think in a week we'll close the poll and decide
finally, but Friday Jan 7 is a definite meeting.

(if you didn't vote yet:  http://ren.scso.com/linuxpoll.html )

I sugest that the first meeting will just be a friendly get-together,
where we can brain storm sugestions for future activities and lectures,
know eachother by face and not just by name, and to break the ice, we'll
start with a session I call "How I survived January 1st 2000". more
accurately, for us sysadmins... "How I survived 946677600". Linux
stories are ofcourse accepted, but we will love to hear about other OSs
(even, or especially, ones from Redmond :)

--
Ira Abramov ;  whois:IA58  ;  www.scso.com ;  all around Linux enthusiast
.you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar.  Believe me.  I