Hi,

I think that I asked a similar question in the past, but didn't get
a clear answer:

Does the ResierFS version, *which is built in Mandrake-7.1*, support
NFS and can be exported to other machines on the LAN?

I don't ask if ReiserFS is great, or if it had problems in some of
its versions. I ask specifically about the version which is built in
Mandrake-7.1, and its specific configuration.

And in the same issue: In the past, Mandrake developed and invested
in the KDE integration more than in GNOME, while RedHat did the
opposite. I heard that it is not true anymore (with Mandrake7.1 and
RH6.2). What do you recommend to use with 7.1, GNOME or KDE?  And if
I want the built-in "Hebrew" option of Mandrake7.1 to be active,
which of them (GNOME/KDE) is recommended?  Is it supported by both
(GNOME and KDE) under Mandrake 7.1, or only under one of them? Which
one?

Last thing: There is an Axiom that RH is better for servers while
Mandrake is better for clients. But from my humble opinion, I see
the opposite, at least with the latest versions (MD7.1 vs. RH6.2):
Mandrake supports features which are important for servers (e.g.
ReiserFS, Paranoid security, etc.), while RH looks better for
clients (e.g. easier installation, office apps, etc.). Am I wrong?

Please don't start religious wars; I didn't ask questions like:
"What is better, GNOME or KDE"; Even a KDE fan may admit that in
some situations GNOME is preferred, and even a GNOME fan may admit
the opposite. Somebody who prefer, for example, RH over Mandrake in
any case, may admit that the superiority of RH is smaller in
clients (and bigger in servers), and so on. I'm only trying to find
the ideal situation for each distribution, and the ideal
distribution for each desktop environment.

Thanks in advance,
--
Eli Marmor