From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Gilad Ben-Yossef
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 11:33 AM
To: fredy
Cc: Linux-Il
Subject: Re: your mail

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, fredy wrote:

> I have a question.
> I have a Linux based firewall, 2 NIC's.
> I need to use it to protect a class C subnet of real Internet computers.
> Does anyone have an idea of how to do that ?
> (From the router the demand will come to any IP address in that subnet and
> not only to the IP of the Linux machine)

Dont think so 3rd layer, JeanLuke ;-)

The easiest solution is:

1. Install on the Firewall machine both the bridging patch and the IP
firewalling on a bridge patch that can be found at
http://www.openrock.net/bridge.

2. Follow the very simple instruction to make the two NICs bridged.

3. Configure the regular firewalling rules according to the instructions
found in said site using IPChains.

4. Stick the machine between router inner leg and the hub/switch whatever
the router was connected to.

5. Enjoy ;-)

---
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                          Tel:  +972-54756701
   GP: Is Eris true?                      Fax:  +972-15154756701
   M2: Everything is true.                HTTP: http://benyossef.com
   GP: Even false things?                 GPG:  64C5 8B59 74D5 8FAE F097
   M2: Even false things are true.              8DF8 4590 CE75 F444 6178
   GP: How can that be?                   SMS:
http://benyossef.com/how.html
   M2: I don't know man,I didn't do it.   IRC:  Fidros