Hello Eran

the gateway thing (Masquerading & Forwarding) is in fact ipchains' job. I
guess that your firewalling script first cleans ipchains rules (so it
'disconnects' the other computers from the internet), and then putting the
firewall thing.

another possibility is that there is an ipchains rule in your script which
blocks the other computers behind a firewall..

Check it out.. do ipchains -L BEFORE loading the script. you should
probably see two lines talking about the masquerading and
forwarding. check out if they will still exist after loading the
script. (Just run again ipchains -L).

Cya,
Oren.