On Tue, Sep 10, 2002, Aviram Jenik wrote about "RE: [OT] proposed israeli laws
regarding internet and encryption":
> I totally disagree. The law is bad - it is badly phrased and makes no
> practical sense. By some sheer luck, it is implemented correctly and
> logically by the people who are currently responsible. But that's a
> mutation - a freak of nature. Don't count on it to survive the
> governmental evolution process!

Right. "dead letter" laws that people believe they'll never get prosecuted
for, are very dangerous. Our wonderful Minister of Interior has just brought
to life such a dead law that nobody has EVER dared to use before him, that
gives him the right to take away someone's citizenship. A law that was never
used on spys, traitors, mass murderers, and rapists would never be used
against you, right? Well.... Wrong.

Are you so sure you won't be next? Maybe your citizenship will be taken away
from you for signing your mail with GPG? :) Sure, they won't go after
everyone - just after people that happen to be a pain-in-the-a** for the
relevant minister (be careful not to go on a demonstration outside his
house!), or perhaps after someone of the "wrong" minority group...

But this is getting less and less on-topic for linux-il...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Sep 10 2002, 4 Tishri 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The meek shall inherit the Earth, for