On Fri, Sep 27, 2002, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote about "Re: BitKeeper Cont. [was Re: My
projects are gone (fwd)]":
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 07:39:46PM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> > Besides, for years the Linux kernel did not use any source-control
> > system at all, so you can go on pretending that it still doesn't.
>
> Just to make sure the facts are straight:
>
> - using bitkeeper for kernel development is easier, but it's by no
> means a prerequisite, as this paragraph seems to imply.
>
> - you can submit patches using diff & patch just fine, same as
> always.

That's exactly what I meant when I said you can go on pretending that
Bitkeeper doesn't exist. The fact that Linus and Marcelo (and a few of their
close friends) chose to use that tool doesn't mean you have to too. You
can still send in patches like you always did [1].

[1] If you ever did :) reminds me of that old joke, of a guy breaking his
    arm and getting a cast. He asks his doctor: "Doctor, when will I be
    able to play piano?", to which the doctor replies "I believe within
    two weeks". The guy exclaims: "that's great, I could never play piano
    before!".

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Saturday, Sep 28 2002, 22 Tishri 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A bird in the hand is safer than one