On Fri, Feb 21, 2003, Matitiahu Allouche wrote about "Re: need tool for high quality
typesetting, unicode-capable":
> Nadav Har'El wrote:
> <quote>P.S. The niqqud-less versions of their site looks beautiful in
> Mozilla.
> Unfortunately, the ones with niqqud look horrible, because Mozilla renders
> those on the side, not below the letters. Does anybody on this list knows
>..
> As far as I remember, the problem is not entirely (or maybe at all) with
> the Mozilla display engine but with its interaction with fonts.  The
> solution is to try various fonts until you find one which gives acceptable
> results.  I am now writing offline, but I seem to remember that Arial
> displays Hebrew vowels correctly, except for the Holam which is too far
> from its base letter (according to my taste).  I found one font (from those
> distributed with Windows) which displayed all vowels nicely, but I don't
> remember which :-(

Can anybody else confirm this? Was anybody able to view Niqqud correctly on
Mozilla? For an example, try it on Genesis 1:

        http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/t0101.htm

How do I configure my fonts (and which fonts should I used) for this to work?
Does it work with Culmus fonts? What will it take to correct the fonts and/or
Mozilla for this to work for all fonts?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Saturday, Feb 22 2003, 21 Adar I 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A conscience does not prevent sin. It