Use the "soft" mount option?

http://btr0xw.rz.uni-bayreuth.de/cgi-bin/manpages/mount/8

Hope this helps.

BTW - have you considered other network filesystems?
I'm aware that NFS is much more portable, but if it's
between all-linux machines then I heard about other network
filesystems which sound to be more advanced.

--Amos

v2pz6_58z35eg0

ReturnPath.net http://rd.mailshell.com/ad481
Earn up to $3 for each of your friends who signs up with Mailshell!
http://rd.mailshell.com/sp5