On Tue, Jun 17, 2003, Ira Abramov wrote about "Re: nfs blocking "mount"":
> Quoting Oded Arbel, from the post of Mon, 16 Jun:
> > How about reading /etc/mtab ?
>
> can I trust the state it holds? I think I read somewhere once that it
> can be giving me the wrong info in some odd cases (read-only
> filesystems, RAMfs and other cases I have to deal with.

Well, /etc/mtab can indeed be wrong if someone wants to.
However, /proc/mounts is always correct, I believe, because it's the
kernel's view of what's mounted.

P.S. Am I the only one who's been getting every message on this list
twice, in the last couple of days, because of some specific computer
reposting each message? (see the headers of the double messages to see
what I meen. Learning from past mistakes I won't hint here who might be
at fault).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jun 17 2003, 17 Sivan 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |All those who believe in psychokinesis,