On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 17:17, Mix Sella wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2003 03:45, Stiven Andre wrote:
> > May be the post is OT but some weeks ago i wrote a latter about problems
> > connecting to rh8 httpd server that was connected by
> > internet zahav ADSL service. The problem was that some people simply
[snip]

> You are correct. The morons use a misconfigured transparent proxy (something
> they've been scolded for repeatedly), which [I believe] [in this particular
> case] is also on very unfriendly terms with the closest DNS server. Been
> there, done that. IMO netvision is less half-assed than the rest. Lately
> though it looks like the entire Israeli 'net is having issues.

I have a cable connection to Actcom and never had problems running a
website. Their transparent proxy does not cache inter-Israeli traffic.

Personally, I have not heard complains on Internet Zahav transparent
proxy. I would try to double check the DNS sync issue.

Have you been tracerouting by IP or FQDN ?

Ask the users to telnet your IP to port 80, it will give you an
indication whether you are talking to proxy or real web server (look an
the HTTP headers)

Regs,
Guy