On Sunday 22 June 2003 16:41, Shaul Karl wrote:
>   I am not aware of any limitation for editing it as far as policy is
> concerned. On the contrary. The fact that it is under /etc might

policy or no policy - the bottom line is that when you upgrade the package
it will (or supposed to) notice that you touched the file and put aside one
of the versions and you'll have to merge your changes into the new version.

Sometimes it's unavoidable, but it better be avoided for the sake of the
admin's sanity.

--Amos