Herouth Maoz wrote:

At 02:07 +0300 on 23/6/2003, Shaul Karl wrote:

Have you explicitly tried the passive command from within the ftp program and got stuck? Have you tried to access other ftp servers in passive mode?

Yes, indeed. I used "set passive" in ncftp, and examined the transcript later to be sure that indeed it was sending the PASV or the PORT command as indicated. And I tried with every Mandrake PPC mirror - copied and pasted the URL to ncftp. With PORT and no firewall, it works. With PASV, it doesn't. I also made sure the site supported passive access - by trying to access it from work.

Herouth

It sounds to me like your firewall is in the way. I don't know why it should be, but you have taken pains to make sure you don't know anything about what the firewall does.

Try to either remove the firewall, or at least send us the result of "iptables -L -v" on your machine. Try coupling that with "lsmod" output.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant