Herouth Maoz wrote:

At 22:43 +0300 on 24/6/2003, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

 May I inquire what FTP client this is? It seems to be severely broken.
 Your transcript says:

That's the basic ftp client, that comes with every unix system since ftp was invented... Judging by the man page, it's based on the BSD4.2 client, with some enhancements. I'm a bit puzzled at your question - don't you have the same command in your machine? I never encountered a system that didn't have it.

The problem, I remind you, exists also in ncftp, curl and wget, but they do their own tricks and I wanted to use a simple client.

I added a tcpdump of a similar session done using ncftp, and the ncftp trace as well. As you can see, ncftp does a lot of stuff to check the target server's capabilities before the relevant things. Also, I couldn't run a port attempt after the pasv attempt, because ncftp disconnects after the first failure, as you can see in the trace.

Herouth

I am without an explanation. The dump, as taken FROM THE MACHINE ITSELF already shows no reason of working. Whatever the problem is, it happens before the packets go out on the network.

On the other hand, the applications you use are well standard applications, and there is no reason to think any of them at fault.

I have just one more long shot, and then I officially announce giving up on your problem.

Can you please try "iptables -L -t nat"?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant