One could assume so.

Bad blocks are being reported when there are bad blocks. No more, no less.

It might be that the hard drive suffers from temperature problem, and starts failing only after X hours of continues work. It might be that the disk is failed right from the start, and the person with the NTFS (let me guess - KSP?) had formatted the HD a quick format. Formatting it a slow format should not leave bad blocks on the formatted data (as it cleans the bad blocks out), but should leave a report saying such and such bad blocks were found. It only takes time.

Ez.

ik wrote:

It seems that with a new Linux destribution the problem continues ...
So I guess the problem is the HD ?

Ido