Michael Ben-Nes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to move Debian from a Vmware with 1GB space to a new one with 2GB.
> What is the easiest way to achieve exact copy ?
Same as between hard disks, I guess.

Connect the new hard disk to the existing machine. Create the partition
layout you want. Copy the files over (I use tar for that, usually).
Don't forget that /dev/ is mounted as a ramdisk, but it has a couple of
crucial files on the main partition, so those must be copied as well.

When you're done, chroot into the new disk, install grub/lilo, and you
should be done.

> Thanks,
> Miki

Shachar