On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 09:58 +0200, Dotan Shavit wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > I can see that a lot of time is spent in the "hard-IRQ" region - sometimes
> > more then all other regions together.
>
> Lets look for more hints...
>
> - Anything interesting in the logs (during boot and after) ?
> - Lets plug out all the hardware you can: network , USB, disks...
> - rmmod all the modules you can.
> - Boot with a different kernel version.
> - Nothing yet? Lets play with the BIOS...

The logs do not show anything that I don't understand or that I can
relate to this problem, and none of the other options are possible as
this is a production machine.

On a duplicate machine that runs mysql replicated from the first, and
doesn't have any load, stopping the mysqld caused the load to fall to
almost 0. There were very few hardware interrupts after that (as evident
from /proc/interrupts) but there isn't any load so I don't know.

--

Oded